USFA Warns of Smoking Dangers
- Free Slides Offered as Safety Reminders. // Fire Chief;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the distribution of slides for fire fighters by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the U.S. Fire Administration. Encouragement for fire departments to use the slides in training and daily meetings; Creation of the slides as part of the Life-Safety Initiative; Focus of the...
- New campaign plugs sprinkler use. Wasag, Brian // Contractor Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) and the American Fire Sprinkler Association have been urging homeowners and builders to consider more widespread use of residential fire sprinkler systems, as part of USFA's new Smoking and Home Fires Campaign. Fire Administrator...
- USFA, Fire Corps to Study Fire Police. // Fire Chief;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that The United States Fire Administration and the Cumberland Valley Volunteer Firemen's Association's Emergency Responder Safety Institute will work together to perform a study of effective recruitment and retention methods and techniques for fire service traffic control...
- USFA releases report on smoking and residential fires. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p56
Reports on the findings of the report from the United States Fire Administration regarding the cause of fires in the U.S. Number of residential fires, civilian deaths and injuries caused by lighted tobacco products in 2002; Percentage of smoking fires that start in the bedroom or living room...
- The team challenge. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p178
Discusses the changes in the United States Fire Administration. Adoption of a team-driven work environment; Development of several teams for responding to different emergency situations; Identification of core mission issues.
- ANTIARSON EFFORTS. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p125
Focuses on the efforts of the United States Fire Administration (USFA) in suppressing arson in the United States. Role of the Arson Mitigation Programs Team of USFA; Description of the National Arson Prevention Initiative program; Offers of the Arson Mitigation curriculum at the National Fire...
- REVIVAL OF FIRE PREVENTION AWARENESS. Burris, Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Sep2000, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on the programs of the United States Fire Administration designed to increase fire prevention awareness among Americans. Details of the preschool and elementary programs organized with the National Fire Prevention Association; Distribution of smoke detectors to tribal residences;...
- DOWNLOADING THE TRUTH ABOUT NFIRS, PART 2. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p4
Part II. Focuses on the changes in the United States Fire Administration's (USFA) fire safety codes. Speculations about unpublished USFA codes; Response of the USFA to charges of phantom changes.
- USFA seeks input on fire, EMS station construction. // Professional Safety;Mar96, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA) development of a how-to manual detailing safety and health aspects of fire and EMS station construction. Focus on reviewing regulations and standards for station design; Goal of the USFA; Contact information.