Firefighter Fatalities at 115 for 2007
- USFA releases report on 2007 firefighter LODDs. // Fire Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p56
The article highlights a report from the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) on firefighter fatalities in the U.S. in 2007. The USFA study reportedly accounts that 68 volunteers and 50 career firefighters died while on duty. It also notes that 27 firefighter line-of-duty deaths (LODD) resulted from...
- USFA Releases Fatalities Report. // Fire Chief;Sep2008, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p15
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) has released their annual series report "Firefighter Fatalities in the United States in 2007." The report shows that 27 firefighters fatalities resulted from vehicular accidents because of the lack of seatbelt use. In addition, 68 of...
- USFA and NVFC join efforts to prevent volunteer firefighter deaths. // Fire Engineering;Aug2003, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p56
Focuses on the Volunteer Fire Service Fitness and Wellness Project initiated by the U.S. Fire Administration and the National Volunteer Fire Council. Purpose of the government project; Programs included in the project; Availability of information about the project.
- After fires are out, firefighters need support. // Graham Leader;4/24/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 72, p4A
The author reflects on the dangerous work of firefighters in Young County, Texas and their need of funds for fuel, equipment, insurance and training.
- FCtv: Are Volunteers Heroes? // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p3
The article shares views on why volunteer firefighters in the U.S. should be considered as heroes.
- Fire renews faith in volunteer firemen. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);5/20/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p11
The article offers the author's insights on the appreciation for volunteer firefighters and smoke alarms in East Bernard, Texas as they save the house that was reportedly caught on fire by a lightning on May 14, 2010.
- VFD benefit held at Double Eagle Ranch. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p8B
The article offers information about a meeting of Volunteer Firefighter (VFD) Benefit to be held on October 28, 2012 at Marble Falls in Texas for raising the funds for area VFDs.
- Sunday fire. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the big fire in the southern part of Clarendon, Texas, which was responded by Clarendon's volunteer firemen, on February 17, 2013.
- NVFC offers training grants. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p32
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council Foundation (NVFC) is offering grants to county, local and regional fire schools.