MTV Expands Williams' Temple
- Nickelodeon premieres clothes for real `Rugrats'. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, Apparel Merchandising pA6
Reports on Nickelodeon Theater's launching of its first clothing collection in August 1996. Introduction of kidswear based on the `Rugrats' animated series; Marketing strategies.
- In digital video, MTV will have your flavor. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p3
Announces the launching of the MTV Suite form the Music Television (MTV) Networks company in July 1998. What is included in the MTV Suite; Comments form Tom Freston, chairman of MTV Networks; Information on the launching of four digital science/nature services by Discovery Networks.
- Nickelodeon debuts Rugrats apparel. // Playthings;Sep96, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p46
Reports that Nickelodeon Movies has launched its first-ever full line of apparel based on its animated series `Rugrats.'
- Facing the music. Lesly, Elizabeth // New York;08/04/97, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p20
Focuses on the problems facing the music television channel, MTV. Not enough music; Not enough high-visibility series like `The Real World' and `Singled Out'; Its public identity crisis; The exit of several senior executives; Success of Mike Judge's `Beavis and Butt-head'; Jenny McCarthy's own...
- MTV segues music units. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;2/1/95, Vol. 335 Issue 41, p7
Discusses the creation of MTV Music by the combination of MTV's music programming and music talent departments. Job allocation; Promotions.
- M2 to play over Intercast. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 30, p48
Reports that MTV Network's M2 cable channel will be adapted for carriage on the Intercast TV-to-PC service launching in August 1996. Inclusion of M2's music video and select content from other MTV networks to Intercast; MTV's strategic partnership with Intel Corp.
- MTV introduces Tikki talk. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 30, p53
Reports that MTV has debuted a virtual 3-D chat environment called TikkiLand. Features of the virtual tropical environment; Limits on the number of participants.
- MTV Online adds local content, looks to push. Warner, Bernhard // MediaWeek;3/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p36
Reports that MTV Networks introduced a trio of new content areas to convert its web site into a youth-culture `browser' of sorts with news updates. Addition of music guides; Strategy to lure more advertisers.
- Marketing moment: Nickelodeon. // Marketing (00253650);8/4/2010, p4
The article reports that Nickelodeon will open a Nickelodeonland, a branded theme park, at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, England in April 2011.