New News Gig For NECN Prez
- Maine start-up planned. // Electronic Media;1/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p52
Reports on the proposed launching of WWLA-TV by the New England Television station in Portland, Maine on July 10, 1997. Channel on which the station can be received; Manager of the affiliate.
- Put The Voice to Work. // Jet;2/20/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that formerly homeless announcer Ted Williams has been hired as the official announcer of the New England Cable News station and will release a book in May 2012.
- NECN comes into its own. Sullivan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;05/08/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p52
Reports on developments concerning New England Cable News as of May 2000. Shortening of the cable network's name to NECN; Owners of the network; Success as a regional channel; Background history; Partnership with Continental Cablevision; Impact on NECN of the impending approval of AT&T's buyout...
- NECN's Streamlined digital addition. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p44
The article focuses on the new digital technology innovation adopted by New England Cable News (NECN) in Newton, Massachusetts to improve flexibility and breaking news coverage. The technology and system set by the NECN has been created to maximize workload and at the same time adjust on the...
- How Participatory Journalism Works. Safran, Steve // Nieman Reports;Winter2005, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p22
The article presents the author's views on citizen journalism. It cites requirements in journalism. It offers reasons for disliking the term citizen. It presents information on the Video New England program initiated by New England Cable News in July 2005. It states the provisions of the...
- NECN Makeover's Personality-Driven. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the plan of New England Cable News to revamp its morning and evening programming in January 2005. Reason of Charles Gravetz behind the programming changes of the company; Details of the changes in terms of programming; Television programs included in the primetime programming of the...
- NECN Woos Cox for Deal in Rhode Island. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the plan of New England Cable News (NECN) President Phil Balboni to convince Cox Communications Inc. to carry NECN in Rhode Island as of May 31, 2004. Number of Cable customers served by Cox in Rhode Island; Comment from Cox's spokesman John Wolfe about NECN; Owners of NECN.
- Comcast Buys Rest of NECN. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/22/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p25
The article reports on the acquisition of Comcast Corp. on the 50% interest of New England Cable News (NECN), a television station, in Boston, Massachusetts. The purchase has been considered as part of unwinding the partnership of Hearst Corp. with Comcast. On the other hand, Bill Bridgen, vice...
- LPMs Find Favor. Edry, Sharon // Television Week;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the benefits of Local People Meters (LPM) to Comcast Spotlight, the sales department of cable operator Comcast. Award won by the system in Boston, Massachusetts; Terms in which LPM benefits networks; Disadvantages of the standard error factor of LPM; Efforts of New England Cable...