- Comcast, Sinclair Agree On Retrans. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/12/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p22
The article reports a contract agreement between cable systems operator Comcast Corp, and Sinclair Broadcast Group for the retransmission rights for Sinclair's local television station signals. The two parties are cited giving conflicting accounts of the deal's terms. Comcast declared it had not...
- Brazil's pay TV biz rides solid sub gain. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;2/12/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 32, p30
The article reports on the market performance of the pay television sector of Brazil in 2006. The Brazilian pay television sector had its best performance since 2000, with the total sub base inclusive of cable, satellite and other operations increasing by 11% to approximately 4.5 million at the...
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- DATAMONITOR: Univision Communications. // Univision Communications SWOT Analysis;Jul2009, p1
A profile of Univision Communications Inc., an American company engaged in broadcasting and cable television (TV) services controlled by Broadcasting Media Partners Inc., is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including head quarter office, contact information,...
- Broadcasting & Cable TV Industry Profile: Asia Pacific. // Broadcasting & Cable TV Industry Profile: Asia-Pacific;Apr2014, p1
The article reports on the status of the Asia-Pacific broadcasting and cable television industry as of 2013. Topics discussed include growth and value of the industry in 2013, forecasts for 2013-2018, biggest segment of the industry and country that accounts for the biggest percentage of the...
- Small MSOs Beat the Odds. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p40
The article reports on the financial performance of American multiple system operators (MSOs). It mentions that small operators report an increase in its subscribers in the third quarter. Miller Tabak media analyst David Joyce noted that the basic gains of small operators reflect the value and...