Showtime's Time for Online Fare Is Coming
- All that glistens. Molony, David; Turner, Lorraine // Total Telecom Magazine;Jul2006, p18
The article discusses the prospect of bringing Internet protocol television (TV) and mobile TV to the forefront of data service by banking on world sport tournaments. European operators is eyeing the FIFA World Cup for this goal. This TV strategy gained popularity since the World Cup was...
- A broader vision. Lunden, Ingrid // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2007, p25
The article deals with the decision of telecommunication operators to offer Internet protocol television (IPTV) content to boost their broadband services. Some service providers are coming up with interactive and on-demand services to target specific audiences. In France, broadband providers are...
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.
- 333.2 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/25/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p12
The article cites that 333.2 million subscribes to over-the-top video services worldwide.
- ABC in Motion with online TV. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/15/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 26, p6
ABC.com will launch a new broadband content platform Wednesday called ABC Motion. Consumers have to download a small piece of software that allows the video to be downloaded in the background, so there is no buffering or additional delay before viewing. The technology allows the content and the...
- HGTV Puts Down Broadband Roots. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/26/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p14
The article reports on the launch of the first broadband series from HGTV on June 19, 2006 as part of the network's ongoing experimentation with various forms of broadband programming. New episodes of the three-minute online show I Want That! Gardening will appear Monday mornings on HGTV.com...
- Russia and Vietnam drive growth. // Telecom Asia;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on rise in the internet television (IPTV) subscription in Russia and Vietnam. Point Topic sees newly emerging markets such as Vietnam and Russia posting impressive annual rates in IPTV. Russian grew by 131% in 2011, making it into the top ten in terms of subscriber numbers...