NETS GET ON WITH THE SHOWS
- TV BIZ RIPS UP SCRIPT. Littleton, Cynthia; Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;12/13/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 56, p1
The article discusses the impact of the continuous strike of television screenwriters on television networks and their programs in Hollywood, Los Angeles in California. Industry observers claim that nonwriting producer deals could be affected by the strike. Also, contracts could be terminated...
- ... but provides boon to feevees. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;12/10/2007, Vol. 409 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the impact of the Writers Guild of America (WGA) screenwriters' union strike on the 2007-2008 television ratings season for premium cable networks like HBO and Showtime. These channels have completed production on new 2008 programs that can now air without competition from...
- US strikes cause scheduling dramas. Bulbeck, Pip // Inside Film;Jan2008, Issue 105, p13
The article focuses on the impact of the U.S. writers' strike on television network schedules in Australia. The strike was stimulated by issues on residual payments to writers from DVD and online distribution of TV programs and feature films. Network executives are hoping that the strike can be...
- For Those Who Are Lost in the Woods. // Newsweek;3/7/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 10, p65
Playfully compares the television program "Everwood" with "Deadwood." Return of "Deadwood" for a second season on HBO.
- 'Postman' delivered. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;7/6/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 2, p15
The article reports that the Kids' combo Entertainment Rights has secured a deal with Buena Vista International (UK) Ltd. for its preschool series "Postman Pat" to air on the Disney Channel in Japan. News that eighty number of 15-minute episodes of the cartoon are heading for the Far East sent...
- Programming Picks. // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p2
The article highlights several television programs to be aired on various television networks in the U.S. for the week of October 28, 2005.
- MCN BUZZ METER. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p28
Two lists are presented which include top 10 television shows according to their broadcasting and television networks.
- What to Watch. Wheat, Alynda; West, Abby; Katz, Paul; Tucker, Ken; Stack, Tim; Karpel, Ari // Entertainment Weekly;2/24/2006, Issue 865, p56
The section presents a daily guide to television programs on different television networks in the U.S. from February 20 to 26, 2006.
- TELEVISION. Macarthur, Harry // New Republic;8/1/55, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p21
The article focuses on television programs broadcast by various television channels on the eve of Big Four conference in Geneva, Switzerland. The NBC program on Geneva suffered in one other aspect, which hardly could have been foreseen by its producers. It followed closely on the heels of the...