Comcast Comes Out Swinging
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Cablers Are Mad About iPad. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. and CableLabs to release iPad tablet-based remotes in changing the channel to enhance television (TV) experience in the cable industry in the U.S.
- LEADERSHIP AWARD: Comcast. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p21
The article features Comcast Corp., a cable company which has received the leadership award from the periodical "CableFAX: The Magazine."
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- The Innovation Chasm and the Big Six. Hassan, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p31
The article offers the author's insights regarding the innovation gap of the top six cable operators in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Comcast Eyes 3.7% Rate Hike. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p43
The article discusses the plan of Comcast to raise cable rates across the U.S. an average of 3.7% in 2008. Notices have been sent to consumers about the change in rates, with customers in Maryland facing a raise for the standard service from $56.40 to $60. Other tiers of programming will also...
- Comcast outpaces AT&T, rolls out TiVo. // CED;Nov2007, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that cable television company Comcast Corp. is going ahead American Telephone & Telephone Co. (AT&T) in garnering new broadband subscribers in the U.S. According to the report from Strategy Analytics, the 2006 year-over-year growth in the net subscription of Comcast increased...
- Charter Renews Golf, Versus. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that U.S.-based cable operator Charter Communications Inc. has renewed carriage contract with Comcast Corp.-owned services Versus and Golf Channel. Under the contract, Charter Communications Inc. will continue to broadcast the two channels from the company's millions of...
- AT&T guns for Comcast. Pletz, John // Crain's Chicago Business;10/15/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p1
The article focuses on the entry of AT&T Inc. in the local cable television market of Chicago, Illinois. AT&T is laying the groundwork for breaking the monopoly of Comcast Corp. in the market. AT&T has plan to launch TV service in some suburbs and parts of the city by spring, and aims to reach...