Median and Radial Nerve Compression About the Elbow
- Modified Quad surgery significantly improves the median nerve conduction and functional outcomes in obstetric brachial plexus nerve injury. Nath, Rahul K.; Kumar, Nirupuma; Somasundaram, Chandra // Annals of Surgical Innovation & Research;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Background: Nerve conduction studies or somatosensory evoked potentials (SSEPs) have become an important tool in the investigation of peripheral nerve lesions, and is sensitive in detecting brachial plexus nerve injury, and other nerve injuries. To investigate whether the modified Quad surgical...
- Cadaveric study of anatomical variations of the median nerve and persistent median artery at wrist. Agarwal, Pawan; Gupta, Shivkant; Yadav, Prashant; Sharma, D. // Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery;Jan-Apr2014, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p95
Background: Awareness of anatomical variations of the median nerve at wrist is important in repair of traumatic injuries and treatments of compression syndrome because in these situations precise dissection of the nerve is mandatory and such variations are not infrequent. Materials and Methods:...
- Rehabilitation of a Patient with Post Traumatic Triple Nerve Palsy of the Upper Limb. Mathew, Anil // Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p18
Post traumatic triple nerve palsy in the upper limb is rare and usually follows the unregulated use of a tourniquet, severe proximal limb injuries and near total amputations. This paper describes a peculiar case of triple nerve palsy following a road traffic accident in which the patient...
- ANSWERS TO PREVIOUS X-RAY INTERPRETATION. // Body Cast;Summer2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
The article provides answers to questions based on X-ray interpretation from a previous issue of the journal.
- Elbow Positioning and Joint Insufflation Substantially Influence Median and Radial Nerve Locations. Hackl, Michael; Lappen, Sebastian; Burkhart, Klaus; Leschinger, Tim; Scaal, Martin; Müller, Lars; Wegmann, Kilian; Burkhart, Klaus J; Müller, Lars P // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Nov2015, Vol. 473 Issue 11, p3627
Background:The median and radial nerves are at risk of iatrogenic injury when performing arthroscopic arthrolysis with anterior capsulectomy. Although prior anatomic studies have identified the position of these nerves, little is known about how elbow positioning and joint...
- PO-RR-046-M. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS16
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `Influence of Wrist Dimensions on Sensory Nerve Conduction Studies,' by J.J. Dagostino, C.A. Lavayen et al, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- A patient with real nerve. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p57
Describes the lawsuit filed by a Florida man against two surgeons, an anesthesiologist and a hospital for negligence resulting in alleged median-nerve injury. Patient's claim that improper positioning during lengthy back operation had caused the damage; Jury's verdict in favor of the...
- New gloves help ease keyboard wrist pain. // Modern Medicine;Aug96, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p4
Features SoftFlex, a glove designed by a hand surgeon that helps absorb and divert the external pressure that causes median nerve injury at he wrist. Features of the glove from Four Point Products; Results of study on volunteers who used the gloves; Contact information.
- Primary Familial Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Gray, Robert G.; Poppo, Martin J.; Gottlieb, Norman L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul79, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p37
Presents information on a study which identified bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome in a nonconsanguineous family. Characteristics of carpal tunnel syndrome; Definition of carpal tunnel syndrome; Operative findings in kindred with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome.