Targeted Reinnervation to Improve Prosthesis Control in Transhumeral Amputees
- AxoGen in accord with Stryker for new nerve graft distribution. // Medical Device Daily;1/25/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that AxoGen has formed an agreement with orthopedics firm Stryker to provide distribution and co-marketing services for the Avance Nerve Graft. Stryker will be responsible for Avance Nerve Graft distribution services for nerve repairs in the upper extremities, lower...
- More complications seen with IM nailing vs. plating for humeral shaft fractures. Egol, Kenneth A. // Orthopedics Today;May2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p61
The article discusses the study which supports the use of plating over intramedullary nailing for humeral shaft fractures
- Surgeon shares tips for successful locked plating of proximal humeral fractures. // Orthopedics Today;May2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p66
The article discusses the tips offered by surgeon David C. Templeman in using locked plates for proximal humeral fractures.
- Gap-filling plate could aid osteosynthesis of impacted humeral neck fractures. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p70
The article discusses research conducted by Eduardo F. Carrera and colleagues which focused on the efficiency of gap-filling plate in managing and treating displaced humeral neck fractures.
- Management of patients with bilateral amputations. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/12/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6293, p684
Focuses on the plans of care for patients with bilateral amputation in Great Britain. Improvement of mobility for activities of daily living; Management of physical disabilities; Instructions on home care, gait training and use of walking device.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p236
Presents an abstract of the study `The Use of Methenamine As an Antiperspirant for Amputees,' by Z. Susak et al. published in `Prosthetics and Orthotics International' in 1996.
- Pulling Out All the Stops. // O&P Almanac;Jan2014, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on several legislative bills for the orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) industry in the U.S. The legislative bills include the Medicare O&P Improvements Act, the Wounded Warrior Research Enhancement Act (S 521) introduced by Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois and the Insurance...
- Operate on pediatric supracondylar humeral fractures within 24 hours, study suggests. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p66
The article reports on the recommendation of a study that supracondylar humeral fractures in children should be treated within the first 24 hours after injury because it has less risk of needing open reductions.
- Similar complications seen with exposed vs. buried K- wires for pediatric fractures. Owens, Colleen; Press, Robert // Orthopedics Today;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p62
The article discusses research on the complications of buried and exposed K-wires for pediatric fractures, conducted by L. M. W. Chan and appeared in the 2011 issue of the "Journal of Children's Orthopaedics."