Influence of Bone Marrow Fat Embolism on Coagulation Activation in an Ovine Model of Vertebroplasty
- Fat embolism syndrome. Kwiatt, Michael E.; Seamon, Mark J. // International Journal of Critical Illness & Injury Science;Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p64
Fat embolism syndrome (FES) is an ill-defined clinical entity that arises from the systemic manifestations of fat emboli within the microcirculation. Embolized fat within capillary beds cause direct tissue damage as well as induce a systemic inflammatory response resulting in pulmonary,...
- Long-term management of patients taking immunosuppressive drugs. Hsu, Denise C.; Katelaris, Constance H. // Australian Prescriber;Jun2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p68
The number of patients taking immunosuppressive drugs for the management of autoimmune inflammatory conditions is increasing. The general practitioner needs to be active in preventing, monitoring and managing the adverse effects of these drugs even long after the treatment has ceased. Monitoring...
- In Vitro Interactions of Extracellular Histones with LDL Suggest a Potential Pro-Atherogenic Role. Pemberton, Alan D.; Brown, Jeremy K. // PLoS ONE;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Background: Nuclear histones have previously been shown to aggregate LDL in vitro, suggestive of a possible proatherogenic role. Recent studies indicate that histones are released during acute inflammation, and therefore might interact with circulating lipoproteins in vivo. In view of the...
- Biological effects of stroma-derived factor-1Î± on normal and CML CD34+ haemopoietic cells. Dürig, J; Rosenthal, C; Elmaagacli, A; Heyworth, C; Halfmeyer, K; Kasper, C; Novotny, J; Dührsen, U // Leukemia (08876924);Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1652
We compared the biological effects of the CXC chemokine SDF-1Î± on immunomagnetically purified CD34[SUP+] cells isolated from human normal bone marrow (NBM), leukapheresis products (LP) and patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML). LP CD34[SUP+] cells showed a significantly stronger...
- Reply to Wheatley and Hills: interpretation of subgroups in the AML-BFM 93 study. Zimmermann, M; Creutzig, U // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1804
Presents a letter in response to the letter on AML-BFM 93 study, published in the November 1, 2001 issue of the journal 'Leukemia'. Treatment of patients included in the study.
- Inappropriate reporting and interpretation of subgroups in the AML-BFM 93 study. Wheatley, K; Hills, R K // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1803
Presents a letter to the editor on the AML-BFM 93 study, published in the November 1, 2001 issue of the journal 'Leukemia'. Failure to achieve blast cell clearance within specified time periods.
- Bone marrow match sought. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p3
The article presents information on the Bone Marrow Donor Drive, that will be held on March 17, 2012, in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- hematosteon. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1036
A definition of the term "hematosteon," which refers to the bleeding into bone marrow, is presented.
- inherited bone marrow failure syndromes. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1196
A reference entry for inherited bone marrow failure syndromes (IBMFS) is presented.