Patients Can Provide a Valid Assessment of Quality of Life, Functional Status, and General Health on the Day They Undergo Knee Surgery
- A prospective study to assess the outcomes of revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Mahmoud, Samer; Odak, Saurabh; Coogan, Stephen; McNicholas, Michael // International Orthopaedics;Jul2014, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p1489
Purpose: Continuously increasing numbers of primary anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructions invites a parallel increase in graft failures and need for revision ACL reconstruction surgery. High failure rates has previously stigmatised the revision surgery. We performed this study using...
- How does a combined preoperative and postoperative rehabilitation programme influence the outcome of ACL reconstruction 2 years after surgery? A comparison between patients in the Delaware-Oslo ACL Cohort and the Norwegian National Knee Ligament Registry. Grindem, H.; Granan, L. P.; Risberg, M. A.; Engebretsen, L.; Snyder-Mackler, L.; Eitzen, I. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Mar2015, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p385
Background Preoperative knee function is associated with successful postoperative outcome after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACLR). However, there are few longer term studies of patients who underwent progressive preoperative and postoperative rehabilitation compared to usual care....
- Abstracts. Thompson, Clint // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Apr-Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p180
Presents an abstract of an article entitled `Thigh and Calf Girth Following Knee Injury and Surgery,' by M. Ross and T.W. Worrell, printed in the 1998 issue of the `Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Theraphy.'
- FOCUS THE BIG PICTURE. Tyson, Neil deGrasse // O, The Oprah Magazine;May2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p143
The article discusses how a person can focus on leading a happy life and be remembered after death.
- 'Long-term results after microfracture treatment for full-thickness knee chondral lesions in athletes' Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2014) 22:1986-1996 DOI 10.1007/s00167-013-2676-8. Hawi, Nael; Haasper, Carl // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2015, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1268
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Long?term results after microfracture treatment for full?thickness knee chondral lesions in athletes" in a 2014 issue is presented.
- ADL. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p51
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "ADL," which refers to the activities of daily living, is presented.
- Treatment of Posterolateral Knee Injuries: Complex Considerations for Complex Injuries. Harner, Christopher D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;9/21/2011, Vol. 93-A Issue 18, pe108-1
In this article the author discusses aspects of a report titled â€˜â€˜Outcomes of Treatment of Acute Grade-III Isolated and Combined Posterolateral Knee Injuries. A Prospective Case Series and Surgical Technique," by Andrew G. Geeslin and Robert F. LaPrade. Topics discussed include...
- Detection of a Traumatic Arthrotomy in the Pediatric Knee Using the Saline Solution Load Test. Haller, Justin M.; Beckmann, James T.; Kapron, Ashley L.; Aoki, Stephen K. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;5/20/2015, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p846
Background: The objective of this study was to quantify the load volume needed for a positive diagnosis of a traumatic arthrotomy in the pediatric knee with use of the saline solution load test (SLT). Methods: From February 2013 to June 2014, eighty-seven pediatric patients who were undergoing...
- Boston After Knee Surgery? Polin, Kevin // Marathon & Beyond;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p50
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience dealing with an arthroscopic knee operation for his running-related injuries.