Correlation of the octane number of the naphtha cut with the aromatic hydrocarbon content
- Sampling and Analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds Emitted from Leaded and Unleaded Gasoline Powered Motor Vehicles. Montells, R.; Aceves, M.; Grimalt, J. O. // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;May2000, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p1
The C3-C10 volatile organic compounds (VOC) present in leaded and unleaded gasoline and the exhausts resulting from catalyst and noncatalyst vehicles tested with the European driving cycle have been analyzed in the present study. These tests have shown that the exhausts are enriched in...
- naphÂ·tha. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p233
A definition of the term "naphtha" is presented. It refers to any of several products made by refining petroleum or by breaking down coal tar. Naphtha is usually flammable and is used as a solvent and as an ingredient in gasoline. It is also used to make plastics.
- OIL SUPPLY AND TRADE. // Oil, Gas, Coal & Electricity -- Quarterly Statistics -- Electric;2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 2, p192
Presents data on oil supply and trade in OECD countries from 2002 to 2004. Naphtha; Gasoline; Residual fuel oil.
- 4TH OF JULY HOLSâ€¦ BUT WHERE'S THE GASOLINE? Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p27
The article discusses the impact of the high gasoline demand on the spot prices of European and Asian naphtha. Such demand is driving up naphtha prices forcing the Asian naphtha premium over Brent crude as high as $115/tonne for August 2006. Recent turnarounds in Asia have tightened naphtha...
- Environmental Monitoring at Selected Petrol Pumps of Ahmedabad with respect to Benzene, Toluene and Xylene (BTX). Kashyap, Rekha; Saha, Asim; Desai, N. M.; Shah, P. G.; Patel, G. M.; Shah, J. A.; Dabhi, K. R.; Mansuri, M. M. // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;Mar2009, Vol. 51, p72
An environmental cum health study was conducted at the selected petrol pumps of the Ahmedabad city to determine the concentration of Volatile Organic Compounds in the breathing zone of service attendant. We aimed to ascertain the exposure of VOCs to petrol filler attendants refilling the petrol...
- Definitions of Petroleum Products and Other Terms. // Petroleum Supply Monthly;Feb2011, p137
The article presents several definitions of terms related to the products of petroleum industry. It includes the terms 'alcohol,' 'flexicoking,' and 'naphtha.' Alcohol is defined as the family of a group of organic chemical compounds which comprises carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, stating that the...
- Analysis and Mathematical Description of the Thermal-Oxidative Cracking of Naphtha. Goncharov, D.; Belyaevskii, M. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 3/4, p193
A mathematical model is developed for the process. A system of differential equations, which permits design analysis, is cited. The model has been approved for analysis of the thermal-oxidative cracking of naphtha A-76.
- Methyl Tertiary Hexyl Ether and Methyl Tertiary Octyl Ether as Gasoline Oxygenates: Assessing Risks from Atmospheric Dispersion and Deposition. Snelling, Jeff; Barnett, Mark O.; Zhao, Dongye; Arey, J. Samuel // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association (Air & Waste M;Oct2006, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p1484
Methyl tertiary hexyl ether (MtHxE) and methyl tertiary octyl ether (MtOcE) are currently being developed as replacement oxygenates for methyl tertiary butyl ether (MtBE) in gasoline. As was the case with MtBE, the introduction of these ethers into fuel supplies guarantees their introduction...
- China's Production and Consumption of MTBE Increase Rapidly. Man Jun; Li Wei // China Chemical Reporter;9/6/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p7
The article focuses on the production and consumption of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) in China which had maintained a relatively rapid growth. It mentions that the growth is pushed by the constant upgrading of quality standards for vehicle-purposed gasoline. It also notes that MTBE is well...