Breastfeeding practices in a cohort of inner-city women: the role of contraindications
- Mommy milk. Citron, Anjelina // Mothering;Jul-Sep97, Issue 84, p68
Relates how the author gave honor to the end of breastfeeding her children by making breastmilk into a sourdough starter. Making of bread out of six baggies of `mommymilk.' INSET: Make your mommy milk starter..
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding, Take Two. Mazel, Sharon // Parenting;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p37
Presents the results of a study on breastfeeding.
- Will you be able to breastfeed? Fallows, Carol // Australia's Parents;Dec98/Jan99, Issue 108, p44
Covers information on breastfeeding. Importance of breastfeeding; Changes in the breast during pregnancy; Production of breast milk.
- When breastfeeding is a problem. Kelly, Elizabeth // Australian Women's Weekly;Jul2002, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p149
Focuses on mothers' frustrations in breast feeding. Reasons for the ineffectiveness of breast feeding; Preparation of other milk formulas.
- Mother's Milk is the Best Milk. // Natural Solutions;Sep2011, Issue 137, p14
The article reports that a 2011 study by the NHS finds that 8 in 10 women are breastfeeding their infants as compared to 6 in 10 in 1990; it also highlights the health benefits of breastfeeding.
- ASK DR. WEIL. // Fit Pregnancy;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p112
The article presents a question and its answer related to ways to boost milk production during breastfeeding.
- EMZÄ°RME DÃ–NEMÄ°NDEKÄ° KADINLARIN GÄ°YSÄ° SORUNLARININ ARAÅžTIRILMASI. ÜNAL, Zümrüt BAHADIR // Journal of Textile & Apparel / Tekstil ve Konfeksiyon;2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p323
Maternal milk is the healthiest way for feeding babies. Every healthy mother wants to feed her baby with maternal milk instead of commercial milk. Benefit of this can not be discussed for both parties. However some mothers want to return to their working life after few months. Even sometimes...
- Back to the Breast. // Time;7/19/1968, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p59
The article focuses on the assistance for women regarding breastfeeding provided by the Chicago, Illinois-based La Leche League International. It mentions that surplus milk is volunteered by La Leche members to babies allergic to cow's milk and milk of their mothers. It also states that La Leche...
- Prenatal breastfeeding intervention program to increase breastfeeding duration among low income women. Hatamleh, Wajed // Health (1949-4998);Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p143
Extensive research confirms the nutritional, economic, biomedical, immunological, and psychological advantages of breast milk. Despite the clear benefits of breastfeeding to mother and infant, breastfeeding rates today continue to remain below the recommended levels in the United States, most...