'DEXTER' SLAYS 'EM
- Untitled. // Library Journal;4/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p71
The article presents an overview of detective and mystery stories published in early 2011, citing trends in plots of those books including the continued popularity of book series based on a detective protagonist, historical fiction in which noted authors become detectives and the prevalence of...
- CASTING CALLS. Vicarel, Jo Ann // Library Journal;3/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p64
The article introduces various books reviewed within the issue, including one by C.R. Corwin entitled "The Unraveling of Violeta Bell: A Morgue Mama Mystery" and Jane Haddam's mystery novel "Cheating at Solitaire: A Gregor Demarkian Novel."
- The case of the half-baked baker. // Scholastic Scope;9/6/99, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p22
Presents a short mystery story.
- The case of the improbable professor. // Scholastic Scope;10/18/99, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p22
Presents a mystery case for students.
- Write your own MYSTERY! Riedel, Rima S. // Scholastic Scope;10/29/2001, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p12
Presents a guide for writing a mystery story.
- The sisterhood of sleuths. Gibson, E. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p37
Discusses the 25-30 percent increase in mystery novels by women featuring female detectives. INSET: Some mysterious ladies from the recent past (fictional female....
- Sin, psychopathology and Father Brown. // Christian Century;1/21/87, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p47
Editorial. Comparing novelist G.K. Chesterton's priest-detective Father Brown with film director Michael Mann's more `modern' sleuth Will Graham, the author finds that the view of the criminal as a sinner is both more humanizing and more realistic than the view of the criminal as a psychopath.
- The Case of the Sleeping Prisoner. Miller, Marvin // Scholastic Action;01/21/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p15
Presents a mystery story on the case of escape from prison.
- Detective's Notebook. Miller, Marvin // Boys' Life;Aug2003, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p13
Presents a mystery story.