AT&T Rumors Continue to Echo
- WILL DUOS FACE MUSIC? McClintock, Pamela; Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;8/26/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 2, p20
Presents information on merger deals in the U.S. as of August 2002. Significance of the merger of cable companies AT & T and Comcast; Decline in the shares of Comcast and EchoStar since they announced their merger deals with separate companies.
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;11/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p36
The article presents several comments with regards to possible AT&T-EchoStar merger in the future. Jessica Hall of DealZone, the acquisition would be costly on the part of AT&T, and that, the act may highlight the lackluster performance of its U-verse. Russell Jefforts of Tech Trader Daily...
- AT&T Deal Could Benefit EchoStar. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p5
The article deals with the impact of the merger of AT& T Inc. and BellSouth on DirecTV Group and EchoStar Communications. If AT&T expands its EchoStar relationship into the BellSouth region, it will come at the expense of DirecTV. That could be bad news for DirecTV, which at an analyst...
- EchoStar sale a matter of 'when'. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/28/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 53, p3
The article reports on the possible acquisition of the company EchoStar by AT&T Corp. It reports that the acquisition news increased the value of the company's shares giving it a large market capitalization. It discusses views of Oppenheimer & Co. analyst Thomas Eagan, on EchoStar's valuation,...
- EchoStar: Don't hear a thing. B. R. S. // CED;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p34
The article reports issues about EchoStar's purchase of Sling Media in the U.S. The company made such move to prevent losing its appeal of the patent infringement brought against it by TiVo Inc. eBay's acquisition of Skype is also cited to determine if EchoStar can do anything new with Sling...
- Birds downed; AT&T aims higher. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;11/4/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the merger of EchoStar and DirectTV as of November 2002. Announcement made by AT&T regarding its plan to spin off its cable business; Purpose of the mergers; Details on a report issued by the U.S. General Accounting Office supporting the arguments of EchoStar.
- What's the world coming to? Engle, Paul // Industrial Engineer: IE;Feb2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p22
The article presents the author's views on several business developments in the United States. A number of organizations including AT&T Corp., General Motors Corp., Delphi, and Ford Motor Co., made headlines in 2005 for notable moves in their own spheres. AT&T has merged into SBC and General...
- TELECOM ARENA IN CALL-WAITING MODE. Villano, Matt // CRN;8/23/2004, Issue 1109, p31
Deals with issues concerning the U.S. telecommunication industry. Plan by the Leucadia National company to acquire the MCI company; Move by the AT&T company to withdraw its residential long-distance services in the country; Concerns on the impact of consolidation on the industry.
- EchoStar Takeover Talk Bumps Stock. Hemingway, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;11/26/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 47, p32
The article reports that the stock price of direct broadcast satellite television company EchoStar Communications moved erratically in volatile trading through November 19-23, 2007 on varying reports of the status of merger discussions with AT&T. Shares rose 7 percent on a November 19 rumor that...