A LA CARTE ON THE INTERNET?
- Playboy joins date game. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/2/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 44, p2
The article reports that Playboy TV will be launching a cable reality television program called "Four-Some." The half-hour series will focus on young men and women who meet one another at a mansion in the Hollywood Hills. The dating game, according to Playboy, will be more graphic than other...
- Comedy Gets Sketchy. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p22
The article reports on new television programs that are being produced for cable network Comedy Central in the U.S. in 2007. It includes a description of the animated television programs and sketch comedies that are being developed for Comedy Central, as well as the network's growth targets and...
- Toons star at Gaul bazaar. Hopewell, John // Variety;9/15/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses the anticipation surrounding French animated television series featured at the Gallic Television showcase, despite their industry's shrinking advertising revenues and budgets, and losses to satellite and cable television. The series "Rahan," "Mr. Baby," "108 Hero," and...
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;6/16/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p5
The article offers news about the broadcast television, cable television, and media industries. The pharmaceutical industry is advertising across all daytime media, broadcast television has wrapped its advertising schedule, and summer television ratings are down until the U.S. presidential race...
- ORIGINAL FOR DIGITAL. // Daily Variety;8/9/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) has added HBO Go digital platform to its programming mix, which is as a strategic shift important to the future of the company's brand.
- Pew: Cable Is Top Source of Campaign News. // Multichannel News;2/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
The article offers information on the result of the study conducted by the Pew Research Center concerning the rate of cable news over local television (TV) news as the top source of campaign news.
- Light Years in the Making: Syfy's Long-Distance Plan. PRUDOM, LAURA // Variety;12/15/2015, Vol. 330 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the performance of cable and satellite television channel Syfy as of fall 2015, citing that it was ranked 12th among all cable networks and plans to reverse its trend through the introduction of various films including "The Expanse," "The Magicians," and Hunters."
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p16
Several photographs regarding the activities of various cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including presentation of "Holiday Service Promotion Giveaway" to Diane Davi, the visit of Style's "Clean House," and the winning of the TLC's "Real Simple. Real Life" at the National...
- A standard box. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/11/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10A
The article reports on the plan of the cable television (TV) industry to standardize its technology and open the door to TVs and other gadgets that would not need cable boxes to receive video-on-demand programs and other interactive services in New York. The initiative will be renamed tru2way...