MTVN PINS DOWN WEB FARE
- Creating Web Sites for Web Surfers. Goldsborough, Reid // Black Issues in Higher Education;6/17/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p120
Offers advice on how to develop Web sites that appeal to Web users. Creation of a site map; Importance of keeping text brief; Individuals who can help create high quality content for a site.
- Web-Site Lockdown. Negrino, Tom // Macworld;Jun2004, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p80
Web site designers can prevent clients from breaking into their sites while still allowing them to update content, by using a combination of Macromedia's Dreamweaver MX 2004 software and Contribute 2, a program designed for people who make changes to Web sites but do not know Hypertext Markup...
- Emplaw site gets a makeover. // Information World Review;Feb2004, Issue 199, p3
Reports that the employment law subscription Web site Emplaw.co.uk will be under construction in February 2004.
- Well-designed Web sites balance form and function. Coldsborough, Reid // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/4/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p18
The article offers tips how to build and design web pages. According to the author, the content must be clear with headlines by breaking up longer text passages with subheads that summarize key points. He suggests to provide a site map or index that displays all the interior links for those who...
- Know the Fundamentals and Good Design Will Follow. Guenther, Kim // Online;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p54
Provides tips on designing an effective Web site. Role of end users in Web designing; Advantages of sites that have ease of use; Customer transactions using the site; Elements of Web site simplicity.
- Designing Experiential Websites in Tourism and Hospitality: A Customer-Centric Value Approach. Sigala, Marianna // Information & Communication Technologies in Tourism 2004: Procee;2004, p161
Website design and functionality can crucially affect consumers' website selection, use and online behavior. However, a complete and customer-oriented list of features for developing effective websites does not exist in the literature. This study fills in this gap by investigating whether the...
- Prototype Testing for a Destination Recommender System: Steps, Procedures and Implications. Zins, Andreas H.; Bauernfeind, Ulrike; Del Missier, Fabio; Mitsche, Nicole; Ricci, Francesco; Rumetshofer, Hildegard; Schaumlechner, Erwin // Information & Communication Technologies in Tourism 2004: Procee;2004, p249
This paper describes and discusses the application of various state-of-the-art techniques to improve the design and usability of a web application in the B2C area. It is illustrated by the ongoing project of developing an intelligent destination recommender system (DieToRecs). These techniques...
- Google Offers Developer Checklist for Building Better Mobile Sites. Weiss, Todd R. // eWeek;12/24/2013, p3
The article reports that Google Inc. is offering web site developer checklist for building better mobile sites by developers. Developers can help sites increase mobile transactions and sales by building Websites designed for mobile devices. Developers need to correct mobile pages which see high...
- Web development awareness about W3C standards: Croatia survey. Jakopec, Tomislav; Đekić, Eleonora; Slijepčević, Tanja // Central European Conference on Information & Intelligent Systems;9/21/2011, p53
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards serve as guidelines and rules for web developers, so that web pages would be of the highest possible quality and made according to the rules. Based on surveys, it has been noted that W3C standards are seldom used when developing web pages. That's why...