A TV INDUSTRY GUIDE: HISPANIC TELEVISION NETWORK GUIDE FALL 2007
- Deadwood. Hurwitz, Matt // Mix;Apr2005, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p58
Provides information about the television program "Deadwood" of Home Box Office Inc.'s cable television network in the U.S. Unforgettable experiences of cast members during the shooting of the program; Type of audio equipment used; Process of soundtrack selection.
- 'SOPRANOS' RETURN RAISES QUESTIONS. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p24
Highlights the last season of the TV program "The Sopranos," from Home Box Office. Details on the story of the last season of the TV program; Notable scenes in the last season of the TV program.
- Cable nets score but newbies welcome. Stewart, Anna // Daily Variety;12/18/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 53, pA1
The article reports on the move of cable television networks to dominate the television category of the Golden Globe awards in the U.S. It notes that the networks have gained 35 nominations and outdistanced 17 nods notched by the broadcast networks. It cites the Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) ruled...
- HBO ON SINGLES SCENE. Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;1/29/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on Home Box Office Inc.'s request for a half-hour pilot script for Ellen Barkin's new television program in the U.S. The script will be written by Shauna Cross and will be executive produced by HBO. The story centers on a woman famous for her high-profile marriage who...
- HBO Buzz Is Back With $60M Angels in America. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p26
Reports on the launch of the TV program "Angels in America" starring Al Pacino and Meryl Streep by HBO in December 2003. Budget for the production of the TV program; Significance of the TV program to HBO; Other shows lined up in 2004.
- Tribune Gets Syndicated 'Sex and the City' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the acquisition of the Home Box Office's show "Sex and the City" by Tribune Broadcasting in the U.S. Possible problems that would be encountered with the show; Remarks from Tribune executive Marc Schacher on the show; Percentage of households served by Tribune.
- HOW TO FIX YOUR PICKUPS. Abele, Robert // Daily Variety;5/11/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 27, pA1
The article focuses on how to balance between original and acquisition television programming in the U.S. It notes that the money spent on developing and promoting original exclusives is part of the business equation and acquired programming remains essential. It claims that the balance between...
- HDTV. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p38
Presents charts of prominent national high definition television programs in the U.S. in January 2004 from major high definition programmers. Programs from Discovery HD Theater; Sports tournaments to be aired by ESPN; Movies to be aired by Home Box Office.
- New Chief Unpacks HBO Pilots. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/14/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the belief of HBO Entertainment president Sue Naegle that the cable television (TV) network is in a different league than its competition in the U.S. She admitted that programming at other networks is getting more attention. According to SNL Kagan Research, there is a...