HD SELLS, DESPITE BUYER CONFUSION
- Consumer interest in 3DTV remains Modest Despite 60% HDTV Household Penetration. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/3/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the findings of a report from the Leichtman Research Group revealing that over 60% of U.S. households own at least one high-definition television.
- HDTVs don't impress as early Best Buy. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p4
Focuses on the tepid response shown by buyers to Best Buy Co. Inc. retail stores' introduction on high-definition television sets in the United States. Comments from a prospective buyer on the television's features and price; Price range of the television sets; High expectations for the product.
- Best Buy goes nationwide with HDTV sets. // Electronic Media;11/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p12
Reports that Best Buy became the first retailer to offer high definition television sets throughout the United States.
- U.S. HDTV households top two-thirds, says Leichtman Research Group. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;1/17/2012, p3
The article reports on an increase in the number of U.S. households with high definition television (HDTV) set in 2011, based on a study from Leichtman Research Group released in January 2012. The study showed that one-third of all households own multiple HDTV sets. The average spending on an...
- Study Shows Low Awareness Of Ultra HD TV. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/17/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on a study conducted by Leichtman Research Group Inc. which found that only 33% of adults in the U.S. have heard of the Ultra High Definition Television (HDTV) technology and only one-third of them have ever seen one.
- HD NATION. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p4
The article offers information about a survey conducted by Lelchtman Research Group Inc. on adoption of high-definition television (HDTV) sets by the U.S households.
- Show, Don't Tell, at Best Buy. // Chain Store Age;Oct2001, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p100
Deals with the use of advanced video-wall system featuring high-definition programming in promoting in-store sales of high-definition televisions at Best Buy. Description of the video wall; How the retailer utilized the system; Capabilities of the system.
- Best Buy Bets Big On Ultra HD TV. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/20/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p24
The article focuses on the success of consumer electronics retailer Best Buy under the leadership of president Hubery Joly and its launch of branded 4K Experience shops to showcase Ultra High Definition (UHD) televisions.
- High income=high-def. Fielding, Michael // Marketing News;2/15/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the results of a survey concerning high definition (HD) television ownership. The survey of 1,300 U.S. households, which was done by the Durham, New Hampshire based Leichtman Research Group Inc., found that one-in-six households in the United States own at least one...