Cinar Files Legal Proceedings To Recover Remaining Funds
- CINAR EXEC SUIT EXPANDS AS CLASS-ACTION WRAPS UP. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;1/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p12
Reports on the lawsuit expansion of Cinar Corp. against executives Ronald Weinberg and Hasanain Panju in Montreal, Quebec. Increase in the amount demanded by Cinar from the executives; Original amount of the lawsuit; Overview on the lawsuit.
- Cinar, Spanish toon co. draw up settlement. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;11/26/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the out-of-court settlement reached by Cinar Corp. with BRB International in Quebec. Letter of intent signed by Cinar to purchase the animation company; Removal of Cinar from a suit filed by BRB; Agreement reached by an investor group led by former Nelvana executives Michael Hirsch...
- Cinar and S&S Interactive launch CD-ROMs based on PBS series. // Electronic Education Report;12/23/98, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p4
Reports on Canadian supplemental publisher Cinar Corp.'s entry into a partnership with Simon & Schuster Interactive to develop two CD-ROM and DVD-ROM edutainment titles targeted at the pre-kindergarten to Grade 1 market and based on the Public Broadcasting System TV show `Wimzie's House.' ...
- CINAR SUES EX-EXEX FOR $19 MILLION. Kelly, Brendan // Variety;02/05/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 11, p32
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Cinar television company in the Quebec Superior Court against Cinar founders Ronald Weinberg, Micheline Charest and Hasanain Panju for the alleged wrongful use of company funds. Why the company imposed forced leave to Weinberg and Charest in March 2000; Dismissal...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.