VarsityBooks.com To Provide Exclusive New-Book Outsourcing Duties For 30 Institutions
- New Focus Leads to Varsity Group's First Profit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 45, p12
Reports that Varsity Group Inc., a publishing company, has posted its first profitable quarter which ended on September 30, 2001. Details on the sales, net loss and revenues posted by the company; Information on the educational program launched by the company; Importance of the company's...
- Varsitybooks Launches New Program. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;7/12/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 28, p15
Reports on the colleges whose bookstores have partnership with online retailer Varsitybooks.com for the sale of textbooks. Benefits from the agreement; Comments from Varsity Chief Executive Eric Kuhn.
- Financial Briefs . . . // Educational Marketer;11/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p8
Reports financial developments of publishing industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Revenue of Varsity Group; Increase in the operating income; Sales of Blackboard.
- VarsityBooks to Focus On Marketing Services. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p16
Announces that VarsityBooks.com is changing its business model to emphasize its marketing services business and to reduce its retail operations. Goal of the company; Implication of the move; Information on its plan to revise its corporate name.
- Big Gains at Varsity Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 46, p17
Deals with the sales and earnings for the third quarter ended September 30, 2003 posted by publisher Varsity Group Inc. Rise in the company's revenue and net income; Number of institutions where Varsity operated online stores; Comments from Dan Rush of Varsity.
- Varsity Rejoins NASDAQ, MediaBay Faces Delisting. // Publishers Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 41, p12
Presents an update on the stocks of the two companies in the book industry in the U.S. as of October 11, 2004. Significance of the return of Varsity Group Inc. to NASDAQ; Reason MediaBay Inc. faces delisting from NASDAQ; Result of MediaBay's announcement that it reached an agreement with...
- Varsity Gets Busy. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 34, p14
Reports on the sales of online textbook seller Varsity Group in the second quarter ended June 30, 2003. Comparison of sales for the second quarter of 2003 and during the first six months of 2002; Net loss of the company in the first six months of 2003.
- When Former Rivals Become Partners. Kuhn, Eric J. // Community College Week;03/06/2000 Supplement, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p11
Reports on the partnership formed by VarsityBooks.com, an online bookstore, with university bookstores. Information on the Partnership Program; Impact of the program on the sale of books in schools; Competition in the book industry.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p4
This section offers news briefs on book publishing. Random House has acquired the visual book publisher Monacelli Press. The Varsity Group has agreed to be acquired by Follett Corp. for 20 cents per share, making the value of the deal about $3.9 million. Audible Inc. reported total revenue of...