Tridimensional Personality Questionnaire data on alcoholic violent offenders: specific connections to severe impulsive cluster B personality disorders and violent criminality
- ALCOHOL-RELATED CRIME AND ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR. Marlow, Alan // Community Safety Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p48
Presents information on the Alcohol Concern Web site which contains data about alcohol-related crimes and disorders.
- NEWS AND NOTES: Views. // British Medical Journal;10/28/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6146, p1236
Reports global developments on medicine as of October 1978. Requirement on paying wife of doctors serving as their own secretaries; Focus on decision of American doctors to cut professional courtesy charge; Studies on genetic relationship of alcoholism and antisocial personality.
- The 2003 Licensing Act: Alcohol Use and Anti-Social Behaviour in England and Wales. Loveday, Barry // Police Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p191
This article considers the potential impact o f the Licensing Act 2003 and the nature of change that may be expected to result from extended opening hours. It looks at recent trends in crime and evidence of the growing significance of alcohol-related offences in England and Wales. It notes that...
- Cognitive functioning, family history of alcoholism, and antisocial behavior in female polydrug... Rodriguez, Marina // Psychological Reports;Aug93, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p19
Studies the independent and synergic relationships of family history of alcoholism and antisocial behavior with abstract verbal reasoning. Findings suggesting that the observed lower cognitive performance may reflect the family history of alcoholism or antisocial behavior; Theories predicting a...
- Criminology. Morales, Ruben A. // Federal Probation;Dec2000, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p83
Analyzes the hypothesis on antisocial behavior. Comparison between this hypothesis and traditional schools of thought regarding delinquency and antisocial behavior; Derivation of the contagion hypothesis from developmental theory; Discussion on the interdiction strategy and its effectiveness.
- Out of order. Allen, Graham // Public Finance;8/1/2003, p17
Suggests that antisocial behavior drains the resources of a range of public services in Great Britain. Scope of the Crime and Disorder Act 1988, established to deal with antisocial behavior and its effects; Enforcement of the law by local authorities and the police; Civil and criminal...
- Anti-crime solutions slated as 'gimmicks'. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;7/23/2004, p8
Criticizes the five-year plan of the British government to slash crime rates. Details on the anti-social behavior program of the Local Government Association; Empowerment of the public to call on councils and police forces to deal with offenders.
- Interaction between a functional MAOA locus and childhood sexual abuse predicts alcoholism and antisocial personality disorder in adult women. Ducci, F.; Enoch, M.-A.; Hodgkinson, C.; Xu, K.; Catena, M.; Robin, R. W.; Goldman, D. // Molecular Psychiatry;Mar2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p334
Women who have experienced childhood sexual abuse (CSA) have an increased risk of alcoholism and antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). Among male subjects, a functional polymorphism (MAOA-LPR, monoamine oxidase A linked polymorphic region) in the promoter region of the monoamine oxidase A gene...
- Association of personality disorders with Type A and Type B alcoholics. Bottlender, Miriam; Preuss, Ulrich W.; Soyka, Michael // European Archives of Psychiatry & Clinical Neuroscience;2006, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p55
Personality disorders frequently occur as comorbid disorder in alcoholï¿½dependent subjects. Antisocial personality was described as an important characteristic in Cloninger's Type 2 and Babor's Type B subjects. The impact of other personality disorders on these alcoholism typologies, their...