Me The People
- Aftermarket parts revenues rise. // Automotive News;4/5/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6087, p3
Aftermarket parts and accessories makers reported sales of $28.9 billion last year, says the Specialty Equipment Market Association.
- SEMA backs deregulation of Japanese aftermarket. // Aftermarket Business;10/01/97, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p12
Cites the support of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) for the recommendation of a Japanese government advisory panel to remove restrictions that limit car owners in repairing their own vehicles. Background into do-it-yourself market in Japan; Remarks of SEMA president Charles Blum.
- The performance market starts with racing. Katcher, Phil // Automotive Marketing;Mar1998, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p58
Offers information on the 1997 Market Study produced by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). What SEMA figures indicate; Number of years the average specialty buying consumer has been involved in the market; Indepth look at the study; Statistical information compiled in this study.
- Association briefs. // Aftermarket Business;08/01/97, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p14
Presents developments related to automotive associations, institutes and foundations. Specialty Equipment Market Association's sponsorship of a trip to the NASCAR race, Thunder Special 100, at the Suzuka Circuit race track in Japan; Holding of the Glass Expo Midwest 1997.
- Changing of the guard. Willins, Michael // Aftermarket Business;Sep2002, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p18
Interviews Christopher Kersting, president of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). Plans and goals for the SEMA; Background on the association's Tech Transfer program; Profile on Kersting.
- SEMA adds OEM V.P. // Automotive News;05/31/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5822, p45
Reports on Carl Sheffer's appointment as vice president of original equipment manufacturer relations of the Specialty Equipment Market Association.
- You had to be there. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;11/10/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5739, p12
Opinion. Suggests a visit to the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Week, a collection of shows featuring automobiles, products, and supplies. Trade groups participating, such as the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA); Thousands of displays and exhibits.
- SEMA/AI present annual awards at AAIW banquets. // Aftermarket Business;11/01/95, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the presentation of top awards by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) and the Auto International Association (AIA) during the 1995 Automotive Aftermarket Industry Week show in Las Vegas, Nevada. List of the AIA awardees; List of the SEMA awardees.
- 2002 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Lamm, John // Wheels (00434779);Jan2003, p26
Highlights the 2002 Specialty Equipment Manufacturer's Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Background on SEMA; Significance to automobile manufacturers; Information on the cars featured in the show.