AT DELPHI: WHERE THE LEAN GET LEANER
- Customers seek strongest suppliers. Miel, Rhoda // Rubber & Plastics News;2/9/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p19
Visteon Corp. may have killed a "play to play" concept to sort out suppliers, but it still intends to slash its supply base of injection molders to 35 from 180. Consolidation must take place and Visteon intends to find the strongest firms capable of working on product development and delivery,...
- The lean education of Delphi's Don Runkle. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;8/5/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5996, p6i
Focuses on the management style of Don Runkle, vice president of Delphi Corp. regarding lean manufacturing. Inspection of the progress of engine systems plant; Views on lean manufacturing; Career background.
- Delphi does Asia. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Jan1996, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p60
Focuses on Delphi Automotive Systems' strategy to accelerate growth in the Asia Pacific automobile market. Projected doubling of sales between 1994 and 2000; Establishment of an Asian Technical Center in Japan to support regional customers; Creation of a three-phase approach to help facilitate...
- Putting The Delphi Brand On Europe. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Jul99, Vol. 179 Issue 7, p60
Provides information on Delphi Automotive Systems company. Market performance of the company in Europe; Strategic alliances of the company; Potential problems faced by the firm. INSET: Paris Report.
- DELPHI DENIES RESTRUCTURING RUMOR. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Apr2000, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the rumor that Delphi could be bought in its entirety, Delco Electronics Division, which skimmed off the top and then the remaining divisions broken up and resold. Remarks from spokeswoman Karen Healy.
- Late news. Sherefkin, Robert; Chappell, Lindsay; Henry, Jim; Harris, Donna; Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;1/29/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5913, p1
Reports on developments in the automobile industry in the United States as of January 29, 2001. Delphi Automotive Systems Corp.'s layoff of 5,000 workers in light of the closure of North American assembly plants; CarOrder Inc.'s relaunching of its Web site.
- Battenberg: The price isn't right. // Automotive News;1/11/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5801, p2
Reports on developments in the automobile industry in the United States as of January 11, 1999. Delphi Automotive Systems' transformation into a wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors; Dodge's plan to invite Caravan minivan owners to a preview of Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure theme...
- Delphi forecast: $27 billion in sales. // Automotive News;9/30/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6005, p35
Reports developments in automobile industry in the U.S. as of September 30, 2002. Global sales of Delphi Corp.; Explosion of upscale European sport-utilities.
- In for the long haul. Gardner, Greg // Ward's Auto World;Dec97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p69
Assesses Delphi Automotive Systems' long-term investment in China. Supplies provided by Delphi in China; Information on company's third-quarter profits in 1997; Breakdown of the company's projected revenues for 1997; Plans of President Jiang Zemin on state-owned enterprises; Implications of the...