GM Rewrites the Script
- RETHINKING THE CAR AND MANUFACTURING. Teresko, John // Industry Week/IW;Feb2003, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the emphasis of fundamental shifts in technology by concept cars. Consensus of the fifth Global Powertrain Congress in September 2002; Information on AUTOnomy concept of General Motors Corp.; Potential of the concept for reducing the cost of building automobiles.
- Nine lives for GM. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;11/03/99, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p35
Focuses on the designs of General Motors' concept cars in the United States. Showing of virtual images of cars at the 1999 automobile show in Detroit, Michigan; Company's efforts to reverse falling sales; Trading of conservative reputation for radical designs; Includes the Opel Compact Van...
- GM takes 10 in bid to reclaim style crown. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;06/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the concept cars unveiled by United States-based car maker General Motors. Emphasis of the concept vehicles; Features of the Opel Snow Trekker; Comparison of the Hummer H2 and the Hummer H1; Design influence of the Chevrolet SSR.
- DEATH OF THE DREAM CAR. BYRON, POPE // Ward's Auto World;Sep2010, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses the demise of concept cars in the automotive industry. Derek Jenkins of Mazda cites the seriousness of the car industry in its messaging about concept-cars as the reason for the failure of futuristic concepts to reach production. The author mentions General Motors (GM)...
- Concepts. // Automotive News;3/10/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6298, p12
The article presents information on some of the concept cars unveiled at the Geneva Auto Show in Geneva, Switzerland. General Motors Corp. presented a model of Opel Meriva Hatchback coupe that will be launched soon. It has been designed by Andrew Dyson. Mitsubishi unveiled its Mitsubishi...
- Seoul train. Edsall, Larry; Lassa, Todd // AutoWeek;05/24/99, Vol. 49 Issue 22, p4
Presents developments in the automobile industry. Includes foreign makers' boycott of the Third Seoul Motor Show due to South Korea's closed-market policies; Concept cars which made their world debuts; Renaming of General Motor Corp.'s Suburban to GMC Yukon XL.
- Camaro Decision Is Expected by Year's End. Pope, Byron // Ward's Dealer Business;Jun2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that Milford, Michigan-based automobile manufacturing company General Motors Corp. may decide on whether to manufacture a production version of its Chevrolet Camaro Concept by the end of 2006. The decision to produce a version of the concept car has been a rumor in and...
- Changing Cars Keep Driving Auto Ed Changes. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, pB3
No abstract available.
- LIGHTNING STRIKES. // AutoWeek;12/6/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 49, p4
The article presents the photograph of a concept car, the design of which has some elements of he edgy styling of the VX Lightning concept car created for the 2003 centennial of General Motors Corp. subsidiary Vauxhall, May 26, 2003.