Words to Remember
- Toyota gains on GM in global race. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News Europe;5/30/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the possibility that Japanese automobile manufacturer Toyota Motor to be the world leader in terms of unit sales by 2008, overtaking General Motors. Sales registered by Toyota in 2003 and 2004; Actions being taken by the company to improve its competitiveness; Problems being...
- GM's baby -- and proud of it. // Automotive News;06/28/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5826, p2
Reports on developments in the automobile industry and trade as of June 28, 1999. Includes level of consumers' awareness that General Motors Corp. is the parent company of Saturn; Use of Blockbuster Video's `Baby Cha-cha' in the advertising campaign for Toyota Motor Corp.'s Camy subcompact;...
- Toyota fights to keep lead in certified used-car sales. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;6/17/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5987, p28
Focuses on the revenue of the automobile manufacturer on used vehicles in the U.S. Success of the General Motors Corp.; Marketing strategy of Toyota Corp.; Use of humorous sports enthusiast theme.
- GM missed early lessons of nummi. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;6/7/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5823, p26
Reports on the relevance of the NUMMI partnership between General Motors Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp. Objectives of the joint venture; Impact on General Motors' production process.
- Automakers Drive Home the Concept That Young Buyers Will Be Served. Greenberg, Karl // Brandweek;01/14/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the brands introduced by some automobile makers at the 2002 Detroit International Automobile Show in Michigan targeted at young consumers. What General Motors Corp. is offering; Automobile offered by Chrysler Corp.; Price of the 2002 Corolla offered by Toyota Motor Corporation.
- Aussie venture may be killed. // Automotive News;7/31/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5616, p1
Reports that General Motors and Toyota Motor Corp. are planning to scrap their Australian joint venture United Automobile Industries Ltd. Terms of the joint venture agreement; Reason for disbanding the company.
- Wake-up call: Toyota outsells GM. Nemet, Tom // Automotive News;7/2/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6262, p14
The article presents the author's comment on the increased sales of motor vehicles from Toyota Motor Corp. compared to General Motors Corp. in the first quarter of 2007. The author appreciated the business policy of Toyota Motor Corp. that enabled them to occupy the U.S. motor vehicles market....
- Toyota stalls on GM e.com invitation. Treece, James // Automotive News Europe;01/31/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p17
Reports that Toyota Motor Corp. hopes to decide by the end of 2000 whether to join General Motors (GM) Corporation's Web-based purchasing network. Concern of Tadaaki Jagawa, Toyota executive vice president in charge of purchasing, about electronic commerce; Plan of GM for its Internet site;...
- Change of pace for GM. // Automotive News;5/7/20007, Vol. 81 Issue 6254, p12
The article comments on the futuristic business planning of General Motors Corp. (GM) as Toyota Motor Corp. has passed it to become the world's best-selling automaker. It is stated that now GM needs to focus on profits and shareholder value. It is stated that GM's leaders must enable the...