Is Geography Destiny?
- Ford aims for a million luxury sales. Bursa, Mark; Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;May99, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p27
Reports on Ford Motor Co. Premier Automotive Group head Wolfgang Reitzle's sales goals for the company's luxury automobiles. Automobile brands under the group; Plans of the group to achieve its goals.
- Ford warns of rough ride for Land-Rover. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the warning of Ford Motor Corp. on the losses of Land-Rover. Necessity of large-scale restructuring; Comments of Wolfgang Reitzle, Ford Premier Automotive Group chairman; Plans of restructuring in the next six months.
- Reitzle digs in, sets priorities. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;5/17/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5819, p1
Focuses on the responsibilities of Wolfgang Reitzle as group vice president of Ford Motor Co.'s Premier Automotive. Preservation of brand integrity; Integration of Volvo Car Corp. into Ford; Commitment to quadruple the Jaguar automobile sales.
- Selling Lincoln to Europeans won't be easy. // Automotive News;4/10/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5869, p12
Comments on the decision of Wolfgang Reitzle, head of Ford Motor Co.'s luxury-group, to launch Lincoln luxury automobiles in Europe. Domestic advantages of European automakers; Aim to reinvent Lincoln; Reitzle's acknowledgment that he cannot directly compete with Mercedes and BMW in Europe.
- Cost cuts blamed for Reitzle's exit. Rother, Franz // Automotive News Europe;5/6/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p3
Reports the resignation of Wolfgang Reitzle at Ford Motor Co. Reason for his resignation; Cost cutting measures employed by the automobile maker; Effect of the cost control on the product development programs of the company; Estimated budget allotted by the company on product development.
- Ford to feel big impact from Reitzle. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;3/22/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5811, p1
Reports on how Ford Motor Co.'s hiring of luxury-car czar Wolfgang Reitzle will impact the company. Creation of a new group vice presidency responsible for Lincoln, Volvo, Jaguar and Aston Martin; Impact on the Lincoln brand.
- Looking at the LS. McCormick, John // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jul99, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p24
Presents information on the Lincoln LS automobile from Ford Motors Co. Design features; Prices; Information on its production at Wixom, Michigan; Role of Ford executive Wolfgang Reitzle in its European market.
- Ford can stretch or tighten its luxury brands. // Automotive News Europe;04/10/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the effort of Ford to expand its luxury fleet brands. Factor driving Ford's decision to form the division and to hire Premier Automotive Group Chairman Wolfgang Reitzle.
- Reitzle has grand new global stage. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;3/29/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5812, p42
Announces the appointment of Wolfgang Reitzle as group vice president of Ford Motor Co.'s Premier Automotive. Job responsibilities; Future plans for the company; Challenges and opportunities facing Reitzle.