Governor Pushes Regulation
- House telecom subcommittee OKs E911 bill. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p17
Reports on the passage of the E911 Implementation Act of 2003 by the U.S. House telecommunications subcommittee, changing the rural provisions and making it possible for public-safety answering points to go forward with Phase II wireless E911 implementation. Benefit from the change, according...
- Paying their respects. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p18
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman is proposing a legislation to require students to address teachers with courtesy titles. Reason for the proposed legislation; Criticisms of the proposed legislation.
- Don Siegelman. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Educational background; Information on his career in politics; Reason behind his victory over former governor Fob James for the gubernatorial seat.
- Alabama rejects lottery. // State Government News;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
Reports on voters' rejection of the lottery plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman on October 12, 1999. Annual income that would be generated by the proposed lottery; Purpose of the lottery plan.
- Debate Grows as Alabama Lottery Vote Nears. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;10/06/99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on a debate on whether to create a state lottery for Alabama as the October 12 voting nears. Statements from the supporters of the Alabama plan; Arguments from the opponents; Expectation for the Alabama lottery; Efforts made by Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman on his campaign for the plan.
- The Curious Case of Don Siegelman. Kennedy, Mimi // Progressive Populist;12/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p20
The article discusses the case of Don Siegelman as a miscarriage of justice and cites a presidential pardon petition launched by Dana Siegelman for her father after he was put in solitary confinement often making it difficult for family, friends and media to see him.
- Alabama Debates School Reforms As Deadline Nears for Ending Cuts. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;02/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31084, p37
Reports on the plan to restore to K-12 schools in Alabama their share of the 266 million dollars that has been cut from state aid to education. Line item veto used by Governor Don Siegelman for the K-12 schools.
- Alabama governor taps trio of underwriters for negotiated GOs. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30674, p3
Reports that the plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman to hire three underwriters to refinance general obligation bonds. Departure from the practice of Alabama of selling debt on competitive basis.
- SWITCHING THE FLIP: QUESTIONING THE GOVERNMENT'S AUTHORITY TO SHUT DOWN COMMUNICATION NETWORKS IN FURTHERANCE OF PUBLIC SAFETY. Einisman, Eric B. // Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal;2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p181
The article discusses the shutdown of the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), a rapid transit system serving the San Francisco Bay Area in California and analyzes the law regarding the authority of the government to shut down wireless communication networks. It highlights the First Amendment doctrine...