New Brand, New Look For BellSouth Wireless Data
- Illuminating The Messaging Industry Sky. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p7
Features BellSouth Wireless Data LP, a messaging company in the United States. Accomplishments of the company in 1999; Relations of the company with Microsoft Corp.; Implementation plan for interactive messaging.
- BellSouth wireless data partners with Datalink.Net. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p33
Reports that BellSouth Wireless Data Ltd. is offering Internet-based personalized news and other information content to its Interactive Paging subscribers through a deal with Datalink.net. BellSouth's resale of Datalink.net's content which includes sports, financial stocks quotes and...
- Internet America starts BellSouth service. // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p76
Reports that Internet America has deployed BellSouth Wireless Data LP's Interactive Paging Service.
- BellSouth, PageNet team to sell messaging. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the formation of a strategic alliance between BellSouth Wireless Data LP and Paging Network (PageNet) Inc., under which PageNet will resell BellSouth's Interactive Paging Service. PageNet's agreement to be the primary distributor of both BellSouth's service and the Research in Motion...
- BellSouth renews RIM contract. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the renewal of Research in Motion Ltd.'s contract with BellSouth Wireless Data LP. BellSouth's purchase of Research in Motion's Interactive Pager 950 two-way wireless data device; Research in Motion's opening of a research and development facility in Kanata, Ontario.
- Paging/Messaging. // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p32
Presents news briefs related to paging and messaging services offered by the wireless communication industry in the United States as of September 20, 1999. Enhancement of the satellite paging network of Microspace Communications Corp.; Promotional offer for two-way messaging services unveiled...
- Enterprise-level apps find their way onto two-way pagers. Kujubu, Laura // InfoWorld;09/28/98, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p20
Announces the collaboration among BellSouth Wireless Data, Sybase and Research in Motion (RIM) to extend the reach of enterprise information to two-way pagers. Demonstration of Sybase's UltraLite, a small version of the Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere mobile database; Integration of Sybase's...
- RIM hits financial speed bump, but investors, analysts confident. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p8
Reports on BellSouth Wireless Data LP's failure to immediately renew its supply contract with Research In Motion Ltd. Effects of the development on Research's earnings for the third quarter of 1999; Wall Street's reaction to the news; Research's signing of partnerships with other clients for...
- BellSouth Wireless Data lays out strategy, forms alliance. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p7
Reports that during PCS '98, BellSouth Wireless Data company disclosed information of its alliance with RIM and Sybase, and also about its distribution strategy for its Interactive Paging service. Number of distributors announced by BellSouth; How the effort will benefit BellSouth; Comments...