- MCI WorldCom focuses on launching MMDS strategy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p20
Reports on MCI WorldCom Inc.'s launching of multichannel multipoint distribution service system. Access at speeds faster than T-1 connections; Installation cost per household; Multicell design for dense urban markets.
- Glancing Back, For The Journey Ahead. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p16
Looks back at the mergers and acquisitions in the wireless communications industry in 1999. Details on the acquisition of Sprint Corp. by MCI WorldCom; Amount of the bid of Vodafone PLC for United States carrier AirTouch Communications Inc.; Actions taken by Vodafone AirTouch in September 1999;...
- Moving pictures. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/08/99, Vol. 237 Issue 19, p32
Provides information on the high-speed wireless data network of wireless operator Metricom. Services offered by the company's Ricochet mobile communications network; Areas where Ricochet services are offered; Metricom facts and figures; Agreement between MCI WorldCom company and Metricom.
- MMDS marches forward. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;03/13/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the launching of MCI WorldCom's wireless strategy. Market trials; Information on Hybrid's S2000 wireless broadband access system; Comments from Jonathan Mapes, chief technology officer for MCI WorldCom. INSET: Crosstalk.
- MCI/SkyTel: Crazy like a fox? Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the wireless communications industry's reaction to MCI WorldCom Inc.'s announcement of its plan to acquire paging carrier SkyTel Communications Inc. Questioning of MCI's reasons for wanting to get into the paging business; Critics' contention that the deal does nothing to help MCI...
- Ebbers aims to keep Internet play as part of Sprint buy. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on MCI WorldCom Inc. Chief Executive Officer Bernie Ebbers' disclosure of his plan to acquire Sprint Corp.'s wireless properties during a luncheon meeting at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Clarification on rumors that MCI WorldCom attempted to acquire Nextel Communications...
- Mega deal hinges on wireless play. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;10/11/99, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p16
Speculates about the role played by wireless technology in the merger agreement between MCI WorldCom and Sprint Co. Expectations of customers; Overview of the merger agreement; Retail plans of WorldCom.
- The `M' Word Popping Up Yet Again. // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the United States (US) as of September 27, 1999. Merger talk between MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp.; Auction of the lower band of the US Federal Communications Commission.
- A wireless WorldCom. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the merger between MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Terms of the takeover agreement; Significance of the deal to MCI WorldCom's attempt to establish a nationwide wireless presence; Companies' acquisition of control of a large portion of the multipoint distribution services...