Wireless: Key Part Of The Family Scrapbook
- Look to the future. Buchholz, Barbara B. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, pSB10
Features Aaron Industries Inc., a family-owned holding company managed by Ralph Daniel and Warren Denniston in Chicago, Illinois. Company history; Role of the family members in the business; Revenue as of 1999; Plans for succession in the company management; Internet-related challenges in the...
- Family fortunes. // BRW;05/22/95, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p147
Focuses on the fortune of the Kidman family of South Australia. Mass of land owned; Establishment of the Kidman Holdings; Financial status as of May 1995.
- Plan at F&M Bank puts minds at ease. McLaughlin, David // North Western Financial Review;8/1/2007, Vol. 192 Issue 15, p9
The article discusses the plans of Farmers and Merchants Bank president Paul Pieschel for an ownership succession scheme of their family business in Minnesota. The Pieschels have been banking since 1918, where Frank Pieschel started it all. Meanwhile, the president, along with several executives...
- Conceptual Framework and Preliminary Results on the Characteristics of Philippine Business Groups. Bugador, Roderick C. // China-USA Business Review;May2011, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p380
Business groups have played a significant role as catalysts for evolution and diversification in the corporate landscape of many economies. However, the characteristics of these groups remained fully unexplored given the interpretation of various perspectives. The purpose of this paper is to...
- GARY COSGRAVE: DIVING IN. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/11/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 50, p37
The article offers information about the challenges encountered by Gary Cosgrave in managing Pro Group Inc., a family-owned business in the U.S. Cosgrave created three main merchandising of the holding company that include Pro Hardware, GardenMaster, and Farm Mart to provide the customers with...
- R&G Financial Corp.; banking on growth potential. // Caribbean Business;10/31/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 44, pS44
Focuses on R&G Financial Corp., a family-owned financial holding company in Puerto Rico. History of the company; Mortgage offices and bank branches; Subsidiaries; Financial performance for third quarter 2002; Future plans.
- Diversifying Risk, Gaining Opportunities with a Family Enterprise Model. Marx, Frederic J. // Massachusetts Family Business;Summer2013, p6
The article discusses opportunities and risks for family-based business enterprises. Spreading risk and opportunity across different initiatives is considered a fundamentally strong approach in family business enterprises. Participation of family members promotes enthusiasm and as a result...
- Family business initiative. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec1999, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the initiatives by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ulster Bank for family businesses in Ireland. Sessions for businessmen; Speaking engagement for successful family businessmen.
- The Curtain Never Falls on Bob Johnson. Clarke, Caroline V. // Black Enterprise;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p104
An interview with entrepreneur Robert L. Johnson, founder and chairman of holding company RLJ Cos. and recipient of the A.G. Gaston Lifetime Achievement Award, is presented. Johnson talked about how he became a business person. He also revealed that the biggest failure he ever had was not to...