39 GHz: No Place For New Kids
- 700 MHz auction rules set. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the approval of 700 MHz rules by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to advance the development of a nationwide public-safety/commercial broadband network. The approval is also intended for the introduction of new devices and applications in a wireless space...
- Competition for wireless broadband fizzles. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;03/23/98, Vol. 5 Issue 11, pI-5
Looks at the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) auction for broadband wireless services. Indication of a sudden change in the final outcome of the bidding; Reason for the change; What was the net revenue in the Local Multipoint Distribution System (LMDS) auction; Percentage of the Pops...
- FCC delays upper 700 MHz band auction, goes forward with lower band. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/27/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the suspension of the auction for the upper 700 MHz band by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Promotion of public safety access to interoperability channels; Benefits of the auction for the public; Implication of the auction for global commerce.
- Federal Communications Commission holds auctions. June, Keith // Army Communicator;Spring/Summer95, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) holding of the Broadband personal-communications services (PCS) spectrum auction on December 5, 1994. Legal basis of the FCC's authority to hold auctions; Purposes on FCC auctions; Auctions held in July 1994; Definition of the broadband...
- The meeting that should have been. Seybold, Andrew // Mobile Radio Technology;May2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
The author reflects on the 700 MHz D Block broadband auction of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. The author presented a blueprint for the FCC to follow as it contemplates what to do with the spectrum that attracted no bidders willing to meet the commission's reserve price....
- FCC establishes rules for $2bn rural broadband plan. Mcgee-Abe, Jason // Capacity Magazine;6/13/2016, p23
The article reports on rules set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the 2-billion-dollar investment in Connect America Fund Phase II auction for rural broadband expansion. Topics covered include FCC providing 20 billion dollars for expansion of services to unserved areas in 20...
- Inquiring minds. Bahr, Susan // America's Network;04/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p18
Offers a look at the United States Federal Communications Commission's Notice of Inquiry used in determining telecommunications funding and regulatory change. Deployment of advanced telecommunications capability; Requirements of the Telecom Act; Suggested steps to promote the deployment of...
- The top 20 PCS markets. // Telephony;12/5/94, Vol. 227 Issue 23, p10
Presents a chart on the bids offered by telecommunication companies participating in the broadband spectrum license auction launched by the Federal Communications Commission.
- Broadband ready. Content challenged. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Broadband;Mar2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the report by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission on the performance of the broadband communication industry in 2002. Increase in subscribers; Definition of broadband; Market outlook. INSET: FCC report highlights.