Qualcomm Considers Credits
- D-Block challenges in play despite auction's end. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/24/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p31
The article reports on the challenges being faced by D-Block broadband network contract after receiving a single $472 million bid from Qualcomm Inc. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has decided not to re-offer the D-Block license after the bid fell short of the $1.3 billion...
- FCC to introduce bidding changes. Wayne, Debra // RCR;8/26/96, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) acceptance of bids for personal communications services auctions. Reasons for the disqualification of fifty original applicants; Qualified bidders; FCC's plan to introduce two major changes in the daily management of the bidding.
- Qualcomm seeks license for Miami via preference. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;3/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on Qualcomm Incorporated's request to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the Miami pioneer's preference personal communications services license. FCC's rejection of a previous request made by company; Questions if the FCC will grant this license.
- FCC OET requests Qualcomm input. // RCR;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
Looks at a request from the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Office of Engineering and Technology to Qualcomm Incorporated, over its action concerning the FCC's denial of Qualcomm's pioneer's preference application. Reason for the overturned decision by a federal appeals court.
- Qualcomm may seek stay of 60-69 auction. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. may seek a stay of the upcoming channel 60-69 auctions if the United States Federal Communications Commission denies its petition. Preference license denied of the company; Spectrum requested.
- Telco bidders prevail in FCC's MMDS auction. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;4/1/96, Vol. 230 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the bidders for the Federal Communications Commissions' (FCC) multichannel multipoint distribution system. Names of companies; Statistics on money bided by companies; FCC's total bids.
- FCC stalls on LMDS auction. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/17/97, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plans to delay the local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) auction until February 18, 1998. Expected reaction of major bidders; FCC's reason for the decision; Bidders' concerns over the effects of publicizing their intentions on...
- FCC Issues New Schedule After 700 MHz Auction Cancellation. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the schedule issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for portions of the 700 megahertz spectrum and for companies that had sent in money for the cancelled auction. Implication of the spectrum's auction cancellation for FCC; Bidders eligible for the 700 megahertz...
- EWA AWARDED LICENSE-MANAGEMENT CONTRACT. // Urgent Communications;Aug2008, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that the Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA) has been awarded with a three-year contract to provide the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) license management, application preparation, and frequency coordination. After completing the formal competitive bidding...