FCC Okays Two Mega Wireless Networks
- FCC approves mergers. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the approval of the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC's wireless assets. Terms of agreement.
- FCC clears way for SDR. Britt, Phillip J. // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p26
Announces that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules to facilitate the authorization and use of software-defined radio (SDR) technology. Implication of the SDR technology for wireless users; Recommendations of FCC regarding the technology.
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p4
Presents news briefs on the rules made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on wireless communication systems and the wireless telecommunication industry as of May 20, 2002. Fines imposed by the FCC on AT & T Wireless; Vote by the FCC on what kind of equipment can be used to...
- Will Congress Have to Pick Up FCC Slack? // Wireless Review;02/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
Uncovers the role of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the discussion of wireless issues. Comments from Steve Berry, senior vice president of CTIA; Concern on antenna siting; Issue on the federal excise tax.
- Small carriers plead for automatic-roaming rules. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p17
The article focuses on the assertion raised by a group of rural and regional wireless carriers that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission needs to adopt automatic-roaming rules they believe are necessary for competition. Automatic roaming refers to commercial arrangements between carriers,...
- Industry Faces Climb To Rooftops. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p1
Deals with the opposition of various industrial sectors in the United States (US) on the telecommunication regulatory initiatives of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Details on the comments and letters received by the FCC.
- Briefly. // Telephony;01/22/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 4, p20
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission's reauction of wireless spectrum is set to conclude in January 2001. Total amount of bids made by Verizon Wireless.
- Private wireless asks to revise trunking rules. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p22
Reports on the request of the private wireless telecommunication industry to the United States Federal Communications Commission to revise the latter's procedure for classifying systems with trunked operations.
- Tipping the FCC's Cap. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p38
Focuses on the capacity policy issued by the Federal Communications Commission on multiple systems operators in the United States. Limitations on operators owning 45 and 55 megahertz; Reasons for the establishment of the capacity policy; Advantages of competition in the wireless communication...