- VOC Directive Heralds Change for UV-Curable Wood Coatings. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p68
Focuses on the effects of the VOC directive on the pricing structure in the furniture and construction industries in Europe. Components used in UV-curable wood coatings; Identification of two largest European wood coating countries; Objectives of the VOC directive.
- Finer with age. // Country Living;Apr2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p25
The article presents information about the Painter's Shed poster bed from Broyhill. The bed has a chipped and scrubbed coat of paint for a vintage look and is available in three other finishes.
- Q&A. Brandau, Raymond; Meyers, Raymond // Paint & Coatings Industry;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p112
Presents answers to questions related to protective coatings. Repainting of aluminum siding; Application and need for meat-released enamels.
- Improving Functional Powder Coatings' Corrosion Protection. Varughese, Kuruvila // Products Finishing;Jan2000, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p49
Discusses several ways for improving corrosion protection of powder coatings. Effectivity of fusion bounded epoxy (FBE) as a corrosion protection system for underground pipelines; Critical properties that dictate the performance of the coating; Steps in the corrosion process; Factors that...
- Powder coating with Collins. Collins, Bob // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p35
Presents an advisory centering on powder coating. Includes improving salt spray results; Good geographic location for opening a powder coating job shop; Need for heating parts before powder coating.
- Coatings R&D notebook. Collier, Harvest L. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p37
Presents an advisory centering on protective coatings research and development. Includes organic corrosion inhibitors as an alternative to traditional anticorrosion additives; Applicability of drier additives for waterborne coatings; Foam formation in waterborne coatings.
- Akzo introduces low VOC refinishing system. Molla, Tony // Automotive News;Aug93, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p10
Reports on Akzo Coatings Inc.'s introduction of their Sikkens brand Autocoat LV refinishing system. System features; Marketing campaign; Offer of a free training clinic; Contact information.
- Protect skin with organic coating. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p245
Features Skin Coat, a protective barrier for the skin against noxious substances, by Skin Coat North America. Features; Contact information.
- Don't let CARC put you on-the-spot. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May97, Issue 534, p27
Analyzes the use of protective coatings on vehicle surfaces. Use of chemical agent resistant coating (CARC); Application procedures of CARC; Protective measures in applying CARC; Causes of paint failures; Removal of CARC.