- 15% jump in December puts factory orders up 8% for year. // Furniture/Today;3/19/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p39
The article reports on 15% increase in new furniture orders in December 2011 in comparison with orders in December 2010.
- Digging in for extra cabinet capacity. // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p2
Reports on the start of construction for Silentnight Furniture's extension at its Southwick, Sunderland cabinet-making factory.
- New factory for Lord Sheratons. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p2
Reports on the factory established by Larnaca, Cyprus-based reproduction cabinet firm Lord Sheratons in Romania.
- Premises secured. // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p4
Reports on British furniture company Mr Copperfield's transfer of its machining factory to its previous plant at Bloxwich, Walsall following the destruction of its factory in Darlaston in March 2000.
- Welsh move for Caerneagle. // Cabinet Maker;07/28/2000, Issue 5198, p4
Reports that furniture company Caerneagle Furniture will expand its manufacturing operations with the purchase of a refurbished factory in Caernarfon, Wales.
- U.S., Chinese alliances taking shape...fast. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;7/2/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p11
Reports on trends that reshape and redefine the furniture industry in the United States. Selection of long-term partners by major players in China and the U.S.; Direct sale to retailers and development of closer partnerships with large retailers by Chinese factories; Improvements in quality,...
- U.S. factories still have home court advantage. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;4/14/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p82
Comments on the advantage of U.S. furniture factories in international trade. Impact of imports on the nation's household furniture industry; Increase in domestic factory shipments; Tendency to oversimplify imports.
- Factory orders up 9% in March, offering further sign of recovery. // Furniture/Today;6/7/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p30
The article reports on the increase of furniture factory orders in the U.S. in March 2010 by 9% compared to 5% in February 2010.
- Dec. factory orders down 7%. // Furniture/Today;3/11/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p42
The article informs that residential furniture factory orders and shipments have experienced a decline of seven percent in December 2012 in the U.S.