- Pay row continues as directors get big rises. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p6
Reports on the rise of executive compensation at England-based Berisford International PLC, as picketing by employees at the company's Magnet unit over wage issues continued. Magnet's history of industrial dispute with staff; Comments of Magnet employees on the pay hike for executives.
- Investment revalued. // Accountancy;Feb1993, Vol. 111 Issue 1194, p91
Reports on Berisford International PLC's revaluation of its investments in subsidiary entities to their underlying net asset values in its accounts for the year ended September 30, 1992. Valuation of the company's fixed assets; Classification of the aggregate provision in the company's account.
- Berisford accuses union of fowl play. // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p2
Reports on the complaints by Berisford International PLC, parent company of bedroom and kitchen retailer Magnet, against GMB, one of the unions involved in fight against Magnet, over the opening of a chicken farm on a property Berisford leased in Great Britain. Distribution of leaflets to...
- Magnet sale mooted. // Cabinet Maker;07/09/99, Issue 5145, p4
Discusses food equipment firm Berisford's plan to sell its fitted furniture retailer Magnet based on the statements of David William, chief executive of Berisford.
- Business Wire. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/12/99, Vol. 207 Issue 11, p8
Takes a look at news related to the air conditioning, heating and refrigeration industries, current as of July 12, 1999. Includes restaurant appliance maker Berisford International PLC's plan to acquire Scotsman Industries; Sanuvox Technologies' introduction of a combined filter and air...
- Heavy debt load propels Scotsman into merger. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;07/19/99, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p36
Focuses on the agreement by food-service equipment firm Scotsman Industries Inc.'s chairman, Richard C. Osborne, to an acquisition by British rival Berisford International PLC. Purchase value per share; Increase in Scotsman's sales from acquisitions financed by borrowings; Osborne's...
- Berisford PLC acquires German oven manufacturer. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p34
Reports on the deal closed by Welbilt Corp.'s parent company, Berisford PLC, to acquire privately held foodservice equipment maker Convotherm Elektrogerate GmbH of Germany.
- News briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/30/99, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p22
Presents news briefs related to the food service and restaurant business in the United States as of August 30, 1999. Includes Berisford International PLC's completion of its tender offer to acquire all outstanding shares of equipment manufacturer Scotsman Industries; Wittco Foodservice...
- RECENT RESULTS. // Accountancy;Aug1995, Vol. 116 Issue 1224, p85
This article reports on the accounts of companies in Great Britain as of 1995. The trust records in The Abtrust Lloyd's Insurance Trust annual report and accounts for the 16 months ended March 31, 1995 that a working party has been set up between industry and professional accountancy bodies to...