Copying alert at expo
- Radio broadside bids to sink the pirates. Williams, Paul // Music Week;11/22/2003, Issue 46, p8
Reports on the efforts of the British Commercial Radio Companies' Association (CRCA) to eliminate pirate broadcasters in the country. Illegal stations targeted by the CRCA; Law firm handling the civil actions against the illegal stations.
- Japanese record body sues P2P site. // New Media Age;2/6/2003, p12
Reports on the legal victory of the Recording Industry Association (RIA) of Japan and other record label members against Japan MMO and its principal, Michio Matsuda, regarding a copyright infringement case involving the FileRogue peer-to-peer (P2P) service. Suspension of the service in 2002;...
- EC cracks down on counterfeiting and piracy. Nuthall, Keith // Lawyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the efforts of the European Commission to stop piracy and counterfeiting. Proposal for reforms to the European Union's intellectual property (IP) rights regime; European Union directive particulars; Requirement for member states to criminalize serious infringements of IP rights;...
- BOLTON NAMED CD PIRACY CAPITAL. Williams, Paul // Music Week;6/22/2002, Issue 24, p3
Reports on the citing of Bolton as the compact disc (CD) piracy capital of Great Britain. Information on the action taken by the Mechanical Copyright Protection Society with Trading Standards against CD pirates.
- LHFRA honors top buyers, retailers of '01. // Furniture/Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p75
Reports on the 2002 buyers and retailers of the year awards presented by the Louisiana Home Furnishings Representatives Association.
- Canadian Artists Seek Copyright Reform. // International Musician;Feb2008, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that the Creators Copyright Coalition of Canada has released its platform on copyright reform in anticipation of new copyright legislation. The coalition believes that copyright reform will enrich the lives of all Canadians, as enhanced protection for creators will encourage...
- SPAIN STEPS UP PIRACY FIGHT. Llewellyn, Howell // Billboard;5/7/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the crackdown launched by the Spanish government against music piracy. Comment of Spanish music industry groups on the government initiative; Overview of the five-point plan drawn up by the Spanish government as part of its drive against piracy.
- Bollywood unites for piracy protest. Mathur, Arti // Variety;08/24/98, Vol. 372 Issue 2, p13
Describes the protest made by the All India Motion Pictures Producers Association against piracy. Effect of piracy to India's motion picture industry; Involvement of cable television operators in piracy practices; Recommendation on how to solve the piracy problem.
- Note of caution. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/16/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6333, p55
Reports on the efforts of the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) to stop file-sharing or music piracy in the Internet. Impact of Internet piracy on the music industry; Provisions of the ARIA plan to stop commercial music piracy.