MOVING IN NEW DIRECTIONS: RAPID-COOK OVENS
- The Hot New Look of Ranges. Bendall, Daniel // Food Management;May2002, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p86
Reports developments related to gas range manufacturing in the U.S. as of May 2002. Need for flexibility and operational demands for ranges in the food service industry; Distinctions between heavy-duty and restaurant ranges; Introduction to the island type of gas ranges.
- Combination Steamer Ovens. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2001, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p74
Presents information on combination steamer ovens. Uses of the combination oven in restaurant kitchens; Comparison of the combination oven with the traditional steamer or convection oven; Typical sizes of the combination ovens; Operational considerations.
- TO MEET HECTIC DEMANDS: FAST-BAKE PIZZA. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p130
Provides information on several pieces of equipment used for cooking pizzas. Acellis oven from the Maytag company; Deck ovens; Conveyor ovens; How to use the ovens.
- WORTH IT DOWN THE ROAD: The case for combis. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p84
Reveals why some foodservice directors are using combi-ovens. Different settings which combi-ovens can be used; Comments from foodservice director Jim Gunther about combi-ovens; Comments from chef Tom Siegel about combi-ovens.
- HOME ON THE RANGE. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2005, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p98
This article focuses on cooking ranges for the food service industry. The term range in food service has come to mean just about any of an assortment of flat cooking surfaces. The term originated as an appliance that could cook a range of dishes at the same time. There are at least 10 range...
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Food Management;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p57
Presents several products related to food service industry. Efficiency of the boiler-less Steam Club steamer of Cleveland Range Inc.; Dimension of Sneezeguard Systems of Sneezeguard Solutions; Introduction of Nescafe Frothe Cappuccino.
- Faster bakes. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/29/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4469, p22
The article evaluates the FastBake oven from Enodis UK Food Service.
- Cooks Faster, Cuts Shrinkage, Controls Portions: The Combi-Oven. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p150
Deals with the combi-oven being used by the food service system at West Des Moines Schools in Iowa. Cooking time advantages of the oven; Features of the oven; Advantages of combi-oven in cooking meat.
- Combination Ovens: A One-Two Punch. Bendall, Daniel // Food Management;Apr2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p74
Presents several tips for purchasing combination oven/steamer. Usefulness in any types of foodservice operation; Cost savings with the cooking equipment; Operational consideration in buying a cooking appliance.