A multi-cultural focus
- Popular hearty choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p81
Provides information on beef and pork dishes offered in hospitals. Top-selling foods in the healthcare setting; Meat products offered at the Erie City Medical Center in Buffalo, New York; Recipes for boneless pork loin.
- Pork: A "Green" Meat. // FoodService Director;12/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p45
The article describes how the food service at Greenwich Hospital in California takes advantage of pork's health profile on patient and cafeteria menus. In 2008, the facility implemented California's workplace guidelines for nutrition and introduced a color-coded menu for its Nutmeg Grill and...
- Customized Cuban. // Food Management;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p42
The article focuses on several Cuban dishes served by the University of Miami Hospital in Florida. It presents information on a dish called Ropa Vieja which means old clothes that is regularly served by the hospital to its patients. It informs about another Cuban dish called mojo pork that is...
- Pork tries for a lean, mean comeback. Young, John Edward // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p14
Presents recipes of different dishes made of pork. Pork Chops with Pears, Blue Cheese, and Green Peppercorns; Wild Thyme Pork Chops; Feijoada; More.
- Saucy pork and peppers. // Medical Update;Aug94, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Presents a pork recipe which was chosen as the health recipe of the month for August 1994. Ingredients; Procedure; Nutritional information.
- Pork pulls off a new level of popularity with diners. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p37
Reports on the growing popularity of pork menus in diners in the United States. Example of popular pork recipes from various restaurants; Trends in preparing pork dishes.
- Beyond mom. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;6/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p117
Features various ways of cooking pork. Smoked pork items; Pork with flavor accompaniments; Breakfast options; Lunch options; Hunter or country stew; Ethnic pork presentations; St. Louis-cut barbecued ribs; Pork stir-fry salad; Preparation of pork offerings at Chin Chin restaurants; Blackhawke...
- Mediterranean-style stuffed pork loin with minted pilaf. Flath, Phil // Restaurant Business;2/10/95 Supplement Pork, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p9
Presents the recipe, Mediterranean-Style Stuffed Pork Loin With Minted Pilaf, from chef Phil Flath.
- Grilled pork tenderloin with stir-fry of long bean and Hunan essence. Taus, Michael // Restaurant Business;2/10/95 Supplement Pork, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p18
Presents the recipe, Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Stir-Fry of Long Bean and Hunan Essence, from chef Michael Taus.