More elaborate dishes
- Not just for breakfast. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p104
Focuses on the serving of pork dishes as part of lunch menus for schools across the United States. Identification of favorite pork dish at Bryn Mawr School; Reaction of students Santa Catalina School to pork dishes; Information on pork promotion in schools orchestrated by the National Pork...
- 260-lb. pork burger worthy of a giant. Harris, Tyler // Wallaces Farmer;Jul2012, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p69
The article reports on the world's largest pork burger grilled at the 2012 World Pork Expo in Des Moines, Iowa which was made up of a 40-pound bun and 260 pounds of meat.
- PORK. // National Provisioner;Aug2000, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the United States pork industry. Average annual per capita spending; Hog price trends; Categories of pork products; Slowdown of sales; Shortage of people's time and knowledge of food; Web site for pork cookery.
- Value-added Equation. Petrak, Lynn // National Provisioner;Nov2006 Supplement, p24
The article discusses the initiative of fresh pork companies to deliver value added offering products to consumers in the U.S. The pork industry is continuing in its effort and research to develop further innovation on their value added products by conceptualizing new items. Several companies...
- The Next Pig Thing. // Food Management;Jul2007 Supplement, Vol. 42, p32
The article offers basic information in selecting the right cut of pork in the U.S. Pork loin cut includes tenderloin, Canadian-style bacon, pork chops, cutlet, pork cubes, pork rib roast, crown roast and back ribs. The leg cuts include fresh pork leg and cured ham. The shoulder butt includes...
- SWINE BRIEFS. // Nebraska Farmer;Mar2012, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p87
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. pork industry including the study conducted by the Pork Checkoff regarding Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, the inclusion of pork in Hispanic cuisine and the culmination of the Prok Checkoff's Pork Crawl event.
- HORMEL NATURAL CHOICE PORK CHOPS. // Restaurant Business;3/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p68
Hand-selected Natural Choice pork chops from Hormel Foodservice are all-natural with no added ingredients. Hormel says it uses preferred breeding and genetics to meet its precise specifications.
- Man With a Plan. BROCK, SEAN; MORITZ, ROBERT // Popular Mechanics;Feb2013, Vol. 190 Issue 2, p50
The article profiles award-winning chef Sean Brock. It notes that Brock has already cooked hundreds of pigs at his restaurants. He shares that he did not like eating pork until he was 15 years old. He also recalls that the turning point of his interest in pigs started when he was raising pigs...
- FOODSERVICE BUYER: PORK. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jul2006, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p56
The article focuses on the growth of the niche pork market, featuring specialty brands, and the change it brought to the customers palette. Dennis Goettsch, VP of marketing for the foodservice division of Hormel, estimates that pre-seasoned, pre-marinated and pre-cooked pork products are growing...