FOR 13 SELECT FRESH-MARKET ITEMS: Winter vegetable acreage up 2%
- FOR 13 SELECT ITEMS: Spring vegetable acreage down 3%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p100
Reports on the three percent decline in vegetable acreage forecasts for spring 2000. Estimated acreage for spring harvest of select melons; Projected strawberry acreage; Projected total planted onion acreage for all seasons in 2000.
- Think spring! Moore, Roxanne M. // Michigan Citizen;2/16/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 15, pA10
The article focuses on spring as time to harvest and sell fresh produce.
- Keep your cool now grain's in the store. // Farmers Weekly;8/15/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the effect of hot climate on the volume of harvest by farmers in Great Britain. Ways that germination of crops detained for seed or malting may be impaired.
- NOTES AND MEMORANDA: CAN THE FARMER REALIZE HIGHER PRICES FOR HIS CROPS BY HOLDING THEM ? Pope, J.E. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug16, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p805
Looks at the possibility that farmers can realize higher prices for the crops harvested by holding them rather than selling them right after harvesting. Classification of agricultural products; Significance of monitoring the movement of prices; Costs of agricultural products from 1903-1912.
- Harvest Fest aims to spotlight area food producers. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);10/30/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1
The article offers information on the 2009 Pride of New York Harvest Fest to be held in Syracuse on November 14. It says that the event will be attended by over 100 growers and food producers throughout the state to offer tastings of their products including wine, beer and maple products. It...
- 2002 PROJECTION: Acreage for winter vegetables down 6%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p60
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the winter quarter of 2002. Decline the area planted for spring onions; Acreage of Broccoli in California; Forecasted acreage for Florida winter tomato.
- PROCESSED ACREAGE TO DROP 14%: Spring vegetable area forecast for 8% boost. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p82
Presents harvest forecasts for several fresh market vegetables in the United States for the year 2001. Asparagus; Broccoli; Cabbage; Snap beans; Celery; Cucumbers.
- ONLINE BRIEFING. // Crops;8/16/2008, p51
The article reports on the website www.fwi.co.uk/harvesthighlights08 which offers the latest harvest news in Great Britain. The website offers various information regarding varieties that are delivering on yield and quality and which are not. It also delivers reports straight from the farms...
- North Carolina wheat yield winner named. Baucom, A. L. // Southeast Farm Press;3/9/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p28
The article offers information on the 2010 North Carolina Wheat Yield Championship in North Carolina, stating that A.L. Baucom took the top honors with 99 bushels per acre.