MENU BRANDING IN B&I: Getting messages across
- Symbol: 2009, a space odyssey. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/18/99, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p5A
Reports on Symbol Technologies Inc.'s renewal of leases on its manufacturing and warehouse facilities in Long Island, New York. Total space area leased by the company; Importance of the lease renewal to Symbol's operations; Contributions of the company to the local economy.
- Hand-held pen system includes bar-code reader. Lee, Yvonne L. // InfoWorld;1/17/94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p35
Introduces Symbol Technology Inc.'s Symbol PPT4100 pen-based computer. Application; Uses; Compatibility with Communication Intelligence Corp.'s PenDOS operating environment; Price.
- Symbol crashes ruggedized PDA party with PPT 4600. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;8/7/95, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p41
Reports on Symbol Technologies Inc.'s plan to release the PPT (Portable Pen Terminal) 4600, a Windows-based handheld PC.
- Wise move award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/24/95, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p1
Praises Symbol Technologies Incorporated for re-locating to the former Grumman factory in Holtsville, Long Island, New York State. Economic advantage to the local community; High-technology facility.
- Symbol Technologies' next move. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/24/95, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p40
Features the purchase by Symbol Technologies Corporation of the former Holtsville, Long Island headquarters of Grumman Data Systems. Renovation and expansion plans of Symbol; Financial performance date of Symbol; Settlement of patent infringement litigation between Symbol and Spectra Physics...
- Symbol turns to Web to market bar code line. Derryberry, Jennifer // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Jul95, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p12
Reports on Symbol Technologies Inc.'s marketing strategy using Internet. Implementation of bar code technology; Launching of the company's Web site; Reason for entering into the electronic marketing technology; Company's presentation of virtual trade shows and conferences.
- Symbol Technologies. // Frontline Solutions;Nov2002, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p28
Profiles New York-based information technology provider Symbol Technologies Inc. Key products and markets; Chief executive officer; Annual revenue for 2001.
- Symbol Technologies bringing big change to North American distribution channels. Burnell, John // Automatic I.D. News;Mar1999, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p56
Reports on changes in Symbol Technologies Inc.'s North American distribution channels. Information technology alignment; Revenue growth through management-identified channel development; Standard support tools in support of the channel program.
- Symbol covets rival scanner vendor Telxon. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p104
Reports on Symbol Technologies' interest in the purchase of Telxon Corp. despite Telxon's rejection of Symbol's initial offer. Purchase to give Symbol access to Telxon's customer base with the reduction of redundant research and development expenditures; Companies' marketing of scanning...