HOME MEALS: When will HMR finds its place in foodservice?
- Contractor Finds New HMR Niche. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p18
Features the Epicurean Feast, a foodservice contractor based in Boston, Massachusetts with a link to an online grocer. Expansion of the prepared meal options; Focus of the operation on breakfast and lunch diners.
- Epicurean Feast focuses on B&I. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p30
Reports on an interview with David Lanci, vice president for sales and marketing at American food service operator Epicurean Feast. Discussion on increase in sales; Names of major clients; Training for chefs.
- Making healthier choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p74
Reports on the healthful eating programs of American food service firm Epicurean Feast. Preference for wholesome natural foods over fat-free manufactured foods; Partnership with clients in developing fitness programs; Offer of tofu stir-fries and low-fat lentil vegetarian meatloaf; Promotions...
- The White Tablecloth Treatment. // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p14
Epicurean Feast, the Maynard, Massachusetts-based foodservice management firm, has found a way to encourage its culinary items to build interest and business in its units. The idea is a promotion the company holds every month in each of its business dining units. The promo is a gamble in which...
- Why Audits Make Sense. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p49
This article looks at the implementation of internal pre-inspection safety audit in the U.S. food service industry. To maintain their objective eye, Maynard, Massachusetts-based Epicurean Feast personnel travel to neighboring districts to perform audits on their colleagues. This, management...
- Cost Patrol. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on the efforts of several U.S. foodservice companies to balance rising operational costs and the need to maintain quality and service levels, as of May 2005. Guest Services; Aramark; Sodexho; Epicurean Feast.
- Cooking-by-Numbers. KUMMER, CORBY // New Republic;Nov2015, Vol. 246 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the joy associated with cooking food in relation to the author's views about various meal-kit companies that package and sell ready to assemble and cook meals to consumers as of 2015. The Blue Apron Inc. and DineInFresh Inc. (Plated) boxed food companies are examined, along...
- Break out of a food rut. Pelley, Virginia I. // Natural Health;Mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p96
The article offers suggestions to halt the monotonous way of cooking by subscribing to a new cooking magazine, exchanging mid-day meals with colleagues, and selecting a type of cuisine or ingredient as a theme to try new dishes.
- Deja Vu All Over Again. Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Nov2000, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p6
Discusses the reemergence of easy-to-prepare meals or bowl meals in the United States. Information on several ethnic bowl meal products and manufacturers in the country; Details on the packaging, cooking time and disposal of frozen meals.