UNIT GAINS: Client demands drive growth in multi-unit biz
- Contracts for catering and cleaning scrutinized. // Same-Day Surgery;Dec2008, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p127
The article reports that hospitals in Scotland are going to be banned from contracting out cleaning and catering firms to prevent the spread of deadly superbugs.
- Send In The Chefs. Carpenter, Dave // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2001, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p26
Deals with the outsourcing of the food service at the Presbyterian Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Changes in the cafeteria; Reason for the move; Factors that affected the quality of cafeteria food.
- TO NEW RETHERM, COOK-CHILL: MT. SINAI LOOKS AHEAD. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Reports on changes at the cafeteria at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, as of October 2003. Plans of the hospital for introducing a patient meal retherm system and cook-chill production; Information on an outsourcing agreement between the hospital and Aramark; Expected benefits of the retherm...
- In good health. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/27/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4495, p52
An interview with Iain Anderson, managing director at Sodexho Healthcare, is presented. He addresses Sodexho Healthcare's success in securing the contract to cater for 39 Nuffield hospitals throughout England and Scotland. He says that as margins are being squeezed, more private healthcare...
- Food fight. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;9/13/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p38
Discusses the status of food service operations at hospitals in the U.S. as of September 2004. Recognition given to Via Christi Regional Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas by the International Food Service Manufacturers Association; Benefits offered by outsourcing companies to hospital...
- BY THE NUMBERS OUTSOURCING. // Modern Healthcare;12/20/2004 Supplement, Vol. 34, p50
Presents statistics on outsourcing firms in the healthcare industry in the U.S. as of December 20, 2004. Top outsourcing firms; Hospital department management contracts; Food service.
- BY THE NUMBERS OUTSOURCING. // Modern Healthcare;12/18/2006 Supplement, Vol. 36, p60
Several graphs and tables are presented that show statistics about healthcare outsourcing in the U.S. in 2005, including the top 15 hospital department management contracts based on health care facilities managed, the top 15 outsourcing firms based on the number of healthcare clients, and the...
- Knowing When to Outsource: How to Make Purchased Services Work for You. Hastings, Annette // Healthcare Cost Containment;Apr2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p4
The article offers information on the issue of outsourcing nonclinical competencies such as food services and laundry, in hospitals. It mentions that outsourcing nonclinical services allows hospitals to provide state-of-the-art, best-in-class services from recognized industry professionals and...
- Untitled. Case, Philip // Farmers Weekly;5/31/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 22, p82
The article deals with an investigation conducted by the journal into the manner in which British hospitals are sourcing food for patients. The investigation has discovered serious failings in the way hospitals are sourcing food. It was found that National Health Service (NHS) hospital trusts...