FOR USE IN SCHOOL MEALS: Private school students harvest veggies, fish
- Conversations with Charles Dodsley Walker. Campbell, Neal // Diapason;Mar2010, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p26
An interview with choral conductor and organist Charles Dodsley Walker is presented. When asked about the heaviest things to immediately work on as newly elected president American Guild of Organists (AGO), he refers to the two groups including the tri-cities in California that want to separate...
- PREP CRUEL. // New York;2/16/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the letter of television producer Shelly Palmer to Henry C. Moses, headteacher of the Trinity College School in New York City. Basketball game between Trinity College School and Dalton School; Attendance of Palmer's son at Dalton; Reason why Palmer got angry to the fans of the...
- Food firms are putting high schoolers on track. Freeman, Laurie // Restaurant Business;1/20/94, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the Foodservice Internship Alliance program in Chicago, Illinois. Implication on the future of the students involved in the program; Number of participants determined by the number of employers.
- New database to locate foodservice training classes. // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct1996, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p30
Introduces Educational Foundation's foodservice database service named `Class Notes.' Aim of providing information on schedules of foodservice training and education sessions across the United States; Contact information.
- Bridging the gap between industry and academia. Tomaras, Peter T. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/3/94, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p42
Opinion. Focuses on the author's thoughts on the relationship between the restaurant industry and academia in the United States. Author's experiences in teaching; Graduates' commitment to work and success in the restaurant industry; Operational basics; Education as a criterion for employment;...
- New BOCES courses cover culinary topics. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/29/95 - 6/5/95, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p27
Reports on two food service courses being offered by the BOCES Office of Adult Occupational and Continuing Education in Goshen, New York State. Courses on fast food restaurant management and tableside cookery.
- Final reminder for upcoming food handler's course. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);3/5/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p1
The article provides information on the "Food Handler's Course," to be held at the Haskell Memorial Hospital Education Building on March 9, 2009 in Haskell County, Texas.
- Beyond the menu: Culinary students must learn the business. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p62
Discusses efforts to make the classroom a more realistic training ground for food service students in the United States. Opening of chef-restaurateur George Karouses' International Institute of Culinary Arts; Plans underway in New England to make the 1998 school year better than 1997 via...
- Do culinary schools short-shrift onsite foodservice? // Food Management;Aug98, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p18
Provides graphical information on the focus of the hospitality courses of foodservice educators in the United States as of August 1998.