LOOKING UP: POINT-OF-CONTACT
- Steps to superior customer service. // Food Management;Aug98, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p21
Provides tips for foodservice operation's customer service, from Jay Treadwell, president of Optimum Services.
- Success by design: Restaurant environment just as crucial as good food, prompt service. Mueller, Patricia // Nation's Restaurant News;12/3/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p20
Comments on the importance of restaurant design to food service industry in United States. Impact of majestic environment to customers; Emphasis on the significance of color to the environment; Necessity of light fixtures as attractions; Role of architects in creation of the design.
- FIVE TRENDS TO WATCH FOR. // Food Management;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p12
Presents trends in food service management. Means of offering comfort food favorites; Establishment of technical credibility in food services; Promotion of seasonal menus to consumers.
- What Makes a "Great Onsite Concept"? // Food Management;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the search of Food Management (FM) for nominations that exhibit top-quality foods to compete for the FM Best Onsite Concepts competition. Eligibility; Identification of onsite foodservice operator; Categories of the awards.
- The Intercontinental Montreal Reveals Osco! Restaurant's New Menu. // Eastern Hotelier;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p11
The article focuses on the menu of Osco! Restaurant in Montreal, Quebec which include a variety appetizing grilled meat, delicious fish and seafood, original pizzas and creamy risotto dishes, created by chef Matthieu Saunier.
- GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND. Fanuko, Katie // FoodService Director;11/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p28
The article discusses steps to stay responsive and to improve service in the food service industry by chef Sam Austin including to prefer face-to-face conversations, to stay flexible in menu planning and to set a standard food service.
- Casual dining raising service bar to boost appeal. Peters, James // Nation's Restaurant News;08/28/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p4
Reports that casual dining providers in the United States have been enhancing their service level. Improvement of products and facilities; Training of employees in dealing with customers; Service improvements by King's Fish House, Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar, Puccini & Pinetti, King's...
- Closing Time. LAUTERBACH, CHRISTIANE // Atlanta;Dec2015, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p60
The article discusses the importance for the restaurants, bakeries and coffee shops to let the customers know the opening and the closing hours of the establishment especially for the businesses with irregular hours of operation in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Transport Your Events to Italy at II Fornaio. // Orange County Business Journal;12/5/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 49, pA30
The article features the restaurant II Fornaio in Irvine, California. It serves authentic food, bread and wine. It offers special regional menu in addition to its core menu. Each guests is given a chance to experience what its like to be in Italy. Pastas and flavorful sauces are served during...