SAYS GAO REPORT TO CONGRESS: VA hosp. food costs vary widely
- Lack of funds prevents VA from delivering on promise. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;02/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the inability of the Veterans Administration (VA) in San Diego, California to provide adequate medical services. Limitations of the budget; Dependence of the VA on funds appropriated by the government; Encouragement of preventative and ambulatory care in outpatient clinics to reduce...
- PUBLIC NOTICE VETERANS ATTENTION. // Munday Courier (TX);7/11/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p6
The article reports on the availability of medical assistance to all armed services veterans in the United States.
- The seven-year switch. Richardson, Nick // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/5/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5969, p28
Reports on the reforms in providing medical care for Australian veterans. Absorption of veterans' hospitals into state health care systems; Problems in gaining popular approval for the reforms; Impact on job losses in the affected facilities; Intention of the reforms to make the government a...
- Injured veterans program faces the ax on Capitol Hill. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;5/22/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 61, p1
The article presents concern over an expiring pilot program for injured veterans in the U.S. at the end of September 2014.
- VA scandal is bipartisan. BUDOWSKY, BRENT // Hill;5/22/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 61, p15
The article presents the author's views on the death if American veterans due to inadequate treatment by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- This is the perfect place for Patriot Hills. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/16/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 91, p4
The author reflects on the proposed plans for Saranac Lake that would help the veterans of war recover from trauma.
- Congresswoman Edwards Hosts Town Hall on Accessing Veterans' Health Care After BRAC. // Washington Informer;11/17/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p11
The article discusses a meeting on accessing veterans' health care that was held at Town Hall in Maryland.
- Niagara County hosts benefits Q&A for vets. Chandler, Matt // Buffalo Law Journal;4/26/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 34, p1
The article reports that VA Western New York Healthcare System will hold two events in Niagara County, New York to help veterans learn about VA health-care benefits on April 28 and May 5, 2012.
- First-Person Account: Chiropractic Care for Veterans. Byrd, William // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Jul2010, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p7
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as a military veteran who was helped by a chiropractor with headaches and back and neck pain.
- Health care for veterans said to be in jeopardy because of... // New York Amsterdam News;9/28/96, Vol. 87 Issue 39, p5
States that health care for veterans in the United States is in jeopardy because of continuous budget cuts. Information on the 12 hospitals in New York being affected; Indepth look at how budget cuts are affecting veterans hospitals; Comments from John L. Behan, director of the New York State...