PAVING THE WAY FOR THOUSANDS: Insurance restored for disabled
- Cruise incentives change P.R's course. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;3/1/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the new cruise incentives replaced in the Law 76 of 2005 of the Law for the Promotion and Development of the Cruiseship Industry of Puerto Rico, which integrates various other key segments of the cruise industry such as its supply chain, service providers, and tour operators.
- Assistive Technology Makes the Difference. // Workforce (10928332);Aug2002, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on a study conducted by the National Center for Disability Services which found that the availability and use of assistive technology are critical factors in the employment success of individuals with disabilities. Tools commonly used by those interviewed in the study.
- Other Adaptive Technologies Used By People with Disabilities. // Workforce (10928332);Aug2002, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p41
Lists adaptive technologies used by handicapped employees. Mouse and keyboard options; Scanner; Talking calculator.
- Firms hire fewer disabled people in unskilled jobs. Overell, Stephen // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p10
Reports concerning the future of disabled workers in the temporary labor market. Causes of discrimination against disabled workers; Argument of Employment's Forum on Disability (EFD) on disability discrimination bill.
- Bureau leads good practice. // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p21
Profiles Matthew James, a deaf manager at Brook Street Bureau's head office in Saint Albans, England. Policy of Brook Street on employing disabled people and its employment strategy; Problem for disabled people; How James handles telephone conversations and business meetings.
- Sustainability. Kearns, Dan // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p40
Deals with the low attention given by most employers in Great Britain for job retention of ill, injured or disabled employees. Types of employees whose job may be jeopardized by disability; Solutions to deal with the difficulty in adopting job retention strategies of disabled employees;...
- A research based innovative placement program. Vandergoot, David; Wenzel, Victoria // American Rehabilitation;Autumn90, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Shows how research findings can be integrated into a service delivery system for people with disabilities and professionals. Goal of Innovative Placement Program; Services that are included in the program; Tailoring the innovative placement model; Other studies revealing differences in...
- Competitive employment strategies in the era of ADA... Morrison, Malcolm H. // American Rehabilitation;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p3
Discusses how the competitive employment strategies can be enhanced and linked to tomorrow's employment requirements. Challenges faced by the field of vocational rehabilitation; Analysis on American with Disabilities Act; Diversity of rehabilitation needs; Guides and examples of the kinds of...
- Employment opportunities for people with disabilities in the years to come. Kiernan, William E.; Lynch, Sheila // American Rehabilitation;Autumn92, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Looks at the changes which affect the attainment of the National Education Goals and the assessing and maintenance of productive employment in economy for people with disabilities. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; General trends; Population and economic trends; Measuring the impact of...